This is the first time I am held as a hostage in a hotel.
We were there as a football team participating in Barcelona Cup and I am one of the coaches. We stayed there 7 days. On the 4th day a wardrobe door fell from the wardrobe (a sliding piece of glass with a frame is the door) and hit one of the kids on the head. Thank god the boy was not hurt badly. The door ,as it was only glass, was teared into pieces. The bellboy came to the room after we were notified and we noticed that the wheel on the bottom of the door was faulty so as the door slided it went off the rail and fell down. The bellboy then apologised and gave instructions to the reception to change the room, something that didn't happen as the hotel was fully booked. The boys parents wanted to sue the hotel after this incident, but since they apologised we convinced them not to proceed.
On our check out day (after three days) we asked for a room for our luggage and were given one ,as we had to check out at 11 o clock but the bus would come on 4 o clock in the afternoon.
At 3 o clock the " joke of a manager" of the hotel came with an invoice of €215 as the cost for the broken door and demanded to pay!!! For three days we were told nothing, and one hour before leaving the hotel with our luggages locked in a room we had to pay to go!!!
After we refused to pay, as we explained the situation and that the hotel should apologise and that somebody could have been hurt badly from this incident, the "joke of a manager" of the hotel insisted that the door was broken from the boys. Actually the boys that was hurt parents got furious and the "joke of a manager" called the police who arrived without uniforms (4 of them) but with guns on their waist. In some stage the "joke of a manager" asked us to pay half the price to end the argumet (how cheap can this be as he insisted that the cost was €215). When the police arrived they were just looking and not intervening, and then we asked them if they were the police and if they were on duty. They replied yes to both questions. Then we asked them why they were there and replied that they came for coffee!!! Therefore we told them that the "joke of a manager" would not give us our luggage to go and we were held hostages and asked them to take action. One of them showed his gun and told us "pay". The bus was already waiting for 20 minutes and we could lose our flight. 64 people left on the decision of the so-called manager and the so-called police if they were to leave us go to the airport.
The most ridiculous part of the story is that we had 34 rooms booked for 7 nights and the least a chain of hotels like Catalonia Hotels is to be able to cover a minor damage even if it was made from the guests which in our case was a faulty door with a danger of a really bad accident.
What happened then is that we paid the €215 because we would lose the flight.
We reported the incident in the police at the airport and will proceed with legal actions from our country against this "joke of a manager" and the "joke of policemen" whom we have their faces in camera and also Catalonia Hotels.
Also we will report the " joke of a manager" to the higher hierarchy of the Catalonia Hotels Chain as he is a disgrace to their brand.
Now apart from the above incident.
-Location far away from centre
-Bar without bartender most of the time and some times they wouldn't have change and therefore would not give any drinks unless you didn't want change.
-Restaurant service a total disaster. Could wait for more than 20 minutes to replenish dishes in buffet and also plates. The same with breakfast as to replenish cheese or ham could take ages. Food though was tasty.
-Reception friendly and helpfull and could speak english.
-Manager a total joke!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Suite hotel was built in 1986 and was renovated in 2002. The hotel offers its guests a peaceful and calm atmosphere. It is located in upper Barcelona, near Guell Park, the Science Museum and prestigious medical centres such as Clinica Teknon, Clinica Sant Jordi, Dexeus and Barraquer. The hotel has 4 rooms at our clients' disposal for any kind of meeting, conference or banquet, as well as a restaurant and parking facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Catalonia Barcelona 505 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Suite Barcelona
- Hotel Catalonia Suite
- Hotel Catalonia Barcelona 505