Hotel Catalonia Barcelona 505
Catalonia Portal de l'Angel(Barcelona)
US$346
US$370
US$354
Hotels.com
  • Pool
NH Barcelona Barri Gotic(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$394
US$355
US$511
  • Restaurant
Capri by Fraser Barcelona(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$223
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Hotel Ciutat de Barcelona(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$296
US$266
HotelsClick
  • Pool
All reviewsel putxetjacuzzi style bathmy day stayiron and ironing boardstayed here last weekboutique styleroom was spacious and cleannice hotelpark guellground floormetro stationoutdoor poolpublic transportexcellent breakfastnice staypowerful showerbusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 June 2013

just came back from a very pleasant stay in Benidorm spain , very suprised at the work they have done in the resort ,very well done to .Hotel venus Servigroup. Nice clean hotel and good food. However when problems arise you get little help from them , My wife bought some knickers 8 pairs which went missing from our room , reported the matter but nothing was done , they suggested that we could have lost them on the bus, we did not know there was a bus stop in the room.Reported it three more times but nobody could explain how they disappered ? arrived home today 4/10/12 unpacked the cases , looked for the presents we had bought for the grand children and the children only to find 7 watches missing,4 pairs of earings,1 bracelet,1 neclace,1 ladies top,3 magnets. (all ladies items )The hotel blames everybody but themselves . They say we could have been robbed by the air company , how the air company got into our room to steal the knickers I don't know ? They also suggested that you should store everything in the room safe which is insured , How you would do that would be amazing.(its not big enough) I have reported the matter to the hotel but their position remains the same not their fault . The invisable man must have got into a locked room and stole the items . They suggest we contact the Guarda civil . which i will do . They also suggested that i should contact my insurance compant who could talk to their insurance company. Spoken to my insurance people who said thas nonsense.
So Servic group you need to get your act together , you have just lost the repeat trade of 10 . We will be going elsewhere in future

Room Tip: all rooms are good but protect your valuables
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank GLYNDWR M E
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I'm at this hotel right now. It's the middle of the night. This is my 5th night here and it was really good until yesterday, when a coach full of idiots turned up. They party and fight in the hallways all night long, and so far the hotel staff have shown no interest in making them shut up! When I complained, nothing was done. I've heard several other customers asking the party to keep it down, many with sleeping children. But still it continues.
It's a real pity because I'd have written a good review otherwise. I like the location, my room is clean and tidy, and I've had no trouble with the wifi. I haven't eaten here but the good always smells pretty good!
My only other comment is that we were promised when we booked that large valuable items that didn't fit in the safe could be stored downstairs. It even says this on some of the paperwork in our room! Yet when we asked for this service we were refused and told it isn't possible!

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Brenda_brown53
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I´ve been booking this hotel given the position close to the train station, the city center, the undergraund and main roads.
The room was quite big and properly equipped, I had a wonderful view on Plaza Espana and Monjuic (sorry for mis-spelling). Amenities are nice but given the limited time I could just enjoy the stunning view from the pool floor (7th) and get some comments on the affordable spa treatment.
Internet was properly working both in the room and in the public area, breakfast had an international charme and included within the room rate, I would always raccomand this hotel for business, leisure, family TOP TOP TOP. The restaurant have been serving fresh fish at a fair rate and is adequate for any occasion.
The only downside is given by the pool locker room, this doesn´t exist and from your room you need to go down to ground floor change elevator and again back up... I would not suggest it with a towel however this is the hotel expectation (be organize with a small bag).

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 May 2013

This is far away from the city centre. Staff is very helpful. the safe in the room has an ancient looking key which you get only after depositing 50 Euros, a bit irritating in this century when electronic safes are a norm. We were on the first floor and facing the street. The traffic is noisy but at 2am the roaring cleaning machines wake you up! The breakfast spread is pretty low value. Nothing much to eat around and if you need to walk you go down a nice slope and coming back is on a steep gradient. Overall try and avoid this place

Room Tip: avoid lower floors if you need to sleep well
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2013

This hotel of the "Catalonia" group is located in the higher part of the city, in calle Muntaner, very close to the crossing with Ronda General Mitre.It's nice and clean,perfect for a business trip,my room was very big,with a big bathroom with jacuzzi bath and separated shower,free and good speed wifi internet,very quiet because was on the 6th floor.Rooms on the higher floors are better because the street is full of traffic,specially in the morning.Continental breakfast is very good with plenty of food and beverages and there is a cool roof top swimmin pool, even though very tiny.The only problem is that there is no metro close to the hotel,only FGC at 8 minutes on foot,and buses are not very frequent.It's not in the city center,so I will certainly go back to this hotel for a business trip but probably I would choose a more central hotel for tourism.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business