“Central easy first stop from airport on bus from T1”

Hotel Catalonia Barcelona 505
Ranked #321 of 516 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

I liked this place right by MDA which is awesome lots of shops lots of walks and Olympic stadium right behind MDA clean comfy rooms pool views great nice spot! Think a couple if these comments stayed somewhere else? Staff weren't the friendliest but they weren't terrible either! Metro right there three stops and your in town! Il stay again defo!!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Kinnairdgirl

Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

Wouldnt bother.

Inaccessible, no where near the metro. All local shops are closed or about to close.

Joke of a pool. You could probably get 4 and a half people in there comfortably. When its open.

Poor wifi.

Get something closer to the center of town. Unfair representation of barcelona, dont let it ruin your visit

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank themadbackpacker
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We stayed for 2 nights at this hotel and were very impressed with the overall service, value for money and location. The bus to the centre of town sits immediately outside reception, arriving every 5 minutes and cost €2.00. The pool area is a great place to relax, but the staff and their attitude to us as visitors was exceptional. Would definitely stay here again if going to the centre of Barcelona.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mark8624
Reviewed 23 July 2013

The hotel is very nice and the location is good. I had a wonderful terrace and a big room for a very competitive price.
The staff at the reception was efficient and kind. I did not have breakfast here but on a bakery nearby which was nice.
The only problem was that there was a noise coming fromhe bathroon all night long - it was like water drip but i could not figure out where it came from and when I realised it was too late to call anybody so I just had to put up with it.
Despite this, I would come back because the price is very good

Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Viridiana2012
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We are a family of four and we had 2 rooms the 505 for two nights midweek. We found the hotel facilities excellent from the time we arrived and were buzzed into their underground car park right through to our departure. We did have a problem with one of the rooms air conditioning and the hotel facilities personnel were efficient and courteous in fixing the problem. Totally unexpected was the bottle of chilling complementary champagne that awaited us on return from our sightseeing as an apology for our inconvenience The roof top pool was wonderful to use after a busy and hot day in the city. All in all a very pleasant oasis in the heart of Barcelona.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank RJCN8
Reviewed 24 June 2013

just came back from a very pleasant stay in Benidorm spain , very suprised at the work they have done in the resort ,very well done to .Hotel venus Servigroup. Nice clean hotel and good food. However when problems arise you get little help from them , My wife bought some knickers 8 pairs which went missing from our room , reported the matter but nothing was done , they suggested that we could have lost them on the bus, we did not know there was a bus stop in the room.Reported it three more times but nobody could explain how they disappered ? arrived home today 4/10/12 unpacked the cases , looked for the presents we had bought for the grand children and the children only to find 7 watches missing,4 pairs of earings,1 bracelet,1 neclace,1 ladies top,3 magnets. (all ladies items )The hotel blames everybody but themselves . They say we could have been robbed by the air company , how the air company got into our room to steal the knickers I don't know ? They also suggested that you should store everything in the room safe which is insured , How you would do that would be amazing.(its not big enough) I have reported the matter to the hotel but their position remains the same not their fault . The invisable man must have got into a locked room and stole the items . They suggest we contact the Guarda civil . which i will do . They also suggested that i should contact my insurance compant who could talk to their insurance company. Spoken to my insurance people who said thas nonsense.
So Servic group you need to get your act together , you have just lost the repeat trade of 10 . We will be going elsewhere in future

Room Tip: all rooms are good but protect your valuables
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank GLYNDWR M E
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I'm at this hotel right now. It's the middle of the night. This is my 5th night here and it was really good until yesterday, when a coach full of idiots turned up. They party and fight in the hallways all night long, and so far the hotel staff have shown no interest in making them shut up! When I complained, nothing was done. I've heard several other customers asking the party to keep it down, many with sleeping children. But still it continues.
It's a real pity because I'd have written a good review otherwise. I like the location, my room is clean and tidy, and I've had no trouble with the wifi. I haven't eaten here but the good always smells pretty good!
My only other comment is that we were promised when we booked that large valuable items that didn't fit in the safe could be stored downstairs. It even says this on some of the paperwork in our room! Yet when we asked for this service we were refused and told it isn't possible!

• Stayed: June 2013