I stayed for a week in this hotel which is very centrally located. The location, in effect, is its biggest plus. The staff at the reception were quite helpful and kind, and the wifi is working fine. Everything else is just "passable". I had a room overlooking a dark internal courtyard, so that I had to keep the light on, in July in Barcelona!, throughout the day. I had only one meal in the hotel and it was on the verge of being edible. The coffee (espresso) is bad. The breakfast is fine although it is served In a cavernous cellar. The contrast between the outside light and sunshine and the darkness inside the hotel was, for me, a source of annoyance and I suppose one the reasons why I do not plan to stay at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Formerly Gran Hotel Catalonia. This hotel is located on the modernist route next to Paseo de Gracia. It is surrounded by the most beautiful modernist architecture and the most representative buildings of the work by Gaudí. Its location in the centre of Barcelona means that you are walking distance from the best commercial area and can enjoy the intense atmosphere of this Mediterranean city.Our most prized feature is our quality service. Organise your family celebrations and business meetings in one of our 5 meeting rooms, which have a capacity for morethan 400 guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Catalonia Diagonal Centro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Diagonal Centro Hotel Barcelona
- Catalonia Gran Hotel
- Catalonia Diagonal Centro Barcelona