“Pleasant surprise”
Review of Hotel Astoria

Hotel Astoria
Ranked #119 of 519 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Our travel agent Mark Andeerson booked this and we didn't know what to expect.
What a pleasant surprise! From the moment we walked into the loby and were surrounded by over 300 pieces art dedicateed to Opisso and Lautrec we felt we were staying in a museum. The staff was courteous and helpful. The hotel, an elegant building in the Eixample district was located next to shoping,numerous restaurants and the metro was a few blocks away. It has a gym, terrace, great restaurant,outdoor pool, although November was not good choice to take a swim. It was a great value with our room and cooked to order brreakfast was less than $85 Euro per night. We look forward to going back to Barcelona and will stay at the Astoria.

Room Tip: Wifi was a little tricky to use.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
pepe066, Director General at Hotel Astoria, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear Costumer,

Thank you for your nice words about the Hotel Astoria.

We have more than 300 pictures of Ricard Opisso in the lobby of the Hotel and is like museum.

I hope to see you next time in the Hotel and if is possible I would like to give you some information about the collection and the citty.

Thank you again and see you soon.

Director Hotel Astoria.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,211)

Reviewed 5 January 2014

This hotel is in a very nice location in Barcelona. Also, it is reasonably priced, and it has well proportioned rooms and a nice little bar/restaurant area. The best thing about the hotel, however, is the excellent staff. They were all very helpful, and we relied on them frequently as this was our first trip to Spain, and we don't speak Spanish.
Free wifi, very nice decor and a cool rooftop with a nice view where guests can hang out.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
pepe066, Director General at Hotel Astoria, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear Costumer,

Thank you for coming to the Hotel Astoria and for your opinion.

We are very happy to know that you had a nice days in our Hotel and one important thing for us is that the contact with the staff was extremly good (as you wrote).

I hope to see you next future in Barcelona and if is possible I will give you information about Barcelona.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

From the moment we checked in to this lovely restored building we were impressed with the staff and the wonderful décor in the building. The free wifi was excellent and the rooftop was lovely to relax. The hotel was in a very convenient location with lots of lovely restaurants around. Although in a quieter part of Barcelona was still convenient. We had Dinner at the restaurant and must stay they made a fuss of the 5 of us being there and prepared a great meal for us even though they were not open on that night. We spent hours checking out all the paintings and photos in the lobby area . The rooms were not huge but clean and comfortable
Great experience was had by all would love to return.
Sharon Trevor Marian Elaine & Paul
Gold Coast Qld

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
pepe066, Director General at Hotel Astoria, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear Costumer,

Thank you for your words about thre Hotel Astoria.
Your opinion is very important for all the staff becacause is a motivation extra.
We try to give the best to our clients, this is our way of work.
Thank you for appreciate our collection of pictures (more than 200) of Ricard Oppisso that we have in the Lobby of the Hotel.

I hope to see you next future and will be a pleasure to give you information about my citty .

Reviewed 3 December 2013

We only had one night at the Hotel Astoria before starting a cruise. The hotel arrangements were made as part of an all inclusive trip. We were pleased with the selection. The lobby is very nice with art exhibits along the walls on the first floor. There is a circular staircase that is very attractive but we opted for the small elevator.

The hotel is situated close to restaurants and the main boulevard, the Diagonal, with buses, and subway stops close by. We arrived early morning coming off an all night flight from the US. A twin bed room was ready for us for which we were very grateful. The website photo for the standard room is accurate. There is a glass top desk, night stands and lights on each side of the beds and a large closet with a light that comes on when the door is opened. The beds were comfortable. The room is not as large as chain motels in the US but that is more typical of European lodging.

Our room was on the 6th floor with a view overlooking other apartment backyards or courtyards. It was quiet for sleeping. The free wi-fi worked well during our stay.

We did not eat breakfast at the hotel. There is a nice bakery cafe that opens at 6 am to the left of the hotel and north a block. There is a pederation friendly street next to the hotel with restaurants with outdoor seating areas. We enjoyed tapas and sangria a few doorways away. We enjoyed walking in the area and felt safe. We did not check out the pool area which is on the roof. The front desk staff were helpful and friendly and spoke English.

Room Tip: Higher floors and a room in the back will be quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
pepe066, Director General at Hotel Astoria, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Costumer,

Thank you for your opinion about the Hotel Aastoria.

We are happy to know that you enjoyed with our service, ubication, pool-terrase, and all in general as you wrotte.

Another thing that for us is important , is to appreciate all the pictures (more than 300) we have in the hall of the Hotel for all the clients.

Thank you so much and I hope to see you in the future in Barcelona.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Nice 3 star hotel in the middle of Barcelona.
I asked for a quiet room and that is what I was provided with. The room was not very big but had all I needed for a two day business stay, other than the Wi-Fi, although free, was like going back to dial up! Staff were very good and I would recommend the Astoria for both business and holiday makers. Very good price for a nights stay.

Room Tip: Quiet, high up and at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
pepe066, Director General at Hotel Astoria, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Costumer,

Thank you for your opinion about the Hotel Astoria, and we celebrate that you had a nice days in our Hotel.
I hope to see you next future in Barcelona and if is possible in the Hotel Astoria of course.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

In fact, I did not stay in this hotel. But I have what to say about it, you will see.
I booked a room in Astoria through the Internet (HRS). But when I arrived, I was greeted by the administrator who told me that unfortunately they cannot give me the room. He was very polite and friendly and he immediately said that instead they would like to send me to another hotel of the same hotel chain and the same level. He also added that because it's such an inconvenience for me, they will pay the taxi (the other hotel is in 4 quarters) and also they invite me pfr the breakfast the next day! It was very pleasant that they not simply arranged the other room but took a nice care of me. Indeed, I could find a taxi on the corner (10 meters from the hotel) and it was paid by the receptionist in the other hotel. Next morning I enjoyed a wonderful breakfast, which I didn't plan to have because they are so expensive now! So I guess that a hotel that takes such a nice care of people who even don't stay there must be a very nice place! Next time I go to Barcelona, I will stay there. Just to check.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
pepe066, Director General at Hotel Astoria, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your words about our Hotel Astoria and for your support.

For all the staff is very important your opinion and with this we can do the service better.

Thank you so much and if you return to Barcelona will be a pleasure to know you , please

contact me.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

ideal location for a city stop and good with relaxing pool area on roof top. hotel exhibits art exhIibition which are extremely good. hotel clean and pleasant aswell . I would go back as it is relaxing and the staff were helpful .

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank vicky f
pepe066, Director General at Hotel Astoria, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear Costumer,

thank you for your words about our Hotel.

Is a pleasure to know that our clients appreciate our exibition of pictures (more than 200 ) and our service.

Thank you for coming with us and I hope to see you next future.

Thanks.