I chose this hotel for its location near CosmoCaixa, where I attended a conference. It is not near the major attractions, but not too far from the hop-on hop-off bus that goes to them.
The room was clean and comfortable with much needed air conditioning. Breakfast, when not included, is somewhat expensive. Front desk staff were efficient and reasonably friendly considering the language difference.
Restaurant does not open for dinner until 8:30 or 9, but this is typical in Spain.
I would feel safe in the area as a female solo traveler (this time I was with a colleague).
Major issue is their cancellation policy which requires 365 days notice, yes that is a year. We had to pay upfront, and when our plans changed and we left a day early, the money was lost. To be fair, this info is on their website.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Sant Gervasi, is located 5 metro stops away from down town, in the most select part of Barcelona, where Modernist houses and new buildings enjoy a happy coexistence. This neighborhood is one of the safest & quietest in town. Close by to the Hotel, and very well communicated, you have also the following sightseeing’s: Park Güell, the fantastic park designed by the architect Antoni Gaudí and the Tibidabo mountain. The hotel’s size – it has only 63 rooms – is part of its special charm, and its guests will enjoy the warm hospitality only found in such intimate establishments. The Sant Gervasi is also convenient for all transport, the historic city centre and the trade fair site at Montjuïc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Silken St. Gervasi Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silken St. Gervasi Hotel Barcelona, Catalonia
- Silken St Gervasi Barcelona