I have never written a review before but I felt I had to in this particular case. We chose this hotel based on the good reviews we had seen. We wasn't bothered about it being a 3 star at all, as long as it was clean with a comfortable bed where we could rest well after a full day of sight seeing, it would serve it's purpose. The hotel is in a quiet, safe location, away from the main tourist area and Putxet train station was a minute's walk away. We were in the heart of everything within 10 minutes which was fantastic. Unfortunately, that's as good as it gets, it all goes downhill from here on. As non smokers, we requested a non smoking room when we booked. We didn't even need to see the ash tray in our room to guess we were given a smokers room, we could smell the stale cigarette stench the moment we stepped through the door. We went back to reception explaining that we had booked a non smoking room only to be told that they had non available. Disappointed, we went back to our stale dirty smelling room, knowing this is what we would have to come back to every evening. As if this wasn't bad enough, we had to endure a rock hard bed in which you could feel every spring. We have slept on forest floors camping and that was more comfortable than the rack of springs we were subjected to at this hotel. We woke up feeling bruised around the ribs and hips and tired from restlessly tossing and turning trying to get comfortable. To add to terrible sleep quality, the walls were so thin, we could hear people in the next room into the early hours of the night. The reviews said the staff were "welcoming" and "helpful", I guess that depends on who's on shift, because we were made to feel like an inconvenience. Although we had plenty to complain about, we didn't want to add a bad atmosphere to the list, so we tried to overlook everything and focus on our time away from the hotel. We have stayed in many basic 3 star hotels which were much better in quality than this one. Overpriced and fails to achieve the bare minimums anyone would expect from a hotel stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Sant Gervasi, is located 5 metro stops away from down town, in the most select part of Barcelona, where Modernist houses and new buildings enjoy a happy coexistence. This neighborhood is one of the safest & quietest in town. Close by to the Hotel, and very well communicated, you have also the following sightseeing’s: Park Güell, the fantastic park designed by the architect Antoni Gaudí and the Tibidabo mountain. The hotel’s size – it has only 63 rooms – is part of its special charm, and its guests will enjoy the warm hospitality only found in such intimate establishments. The Sant Gervasi is also convenient for all transport, the historic city centre and the trade fair site at Montjuïc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Silken St. Gervasi Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silken St. Gervasi Hotel Barcelona, Catalonia
- Silken St Gervasi Barcelona