Hotel Balmes
US$549
US$311
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hotel Constanza Barcelona(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$242
US$225
  • Pool
Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya(Barcelona)
US$153
Hotel Claris(Barcelona)
US$280
US$251
  • Pool
Musik Boutique Hotel(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$176
Orbitz.com
  • Bar/Lounge
US$366
US$323
Orbitz.com
1,283 results
All reviewscerveceria catalanarecommend this hoteldiagonal metro stationfriendly hotelsmall poollas ramblasgaudi buildingswalking distancecasa batllotwo blockssingle roomminute walktapasquiet roomhotel staffhotel barcentral location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The Balmes offers very convenient accomodation in the centre of Barcelona, still quiet and reasonably priced. You need to walk maybe 5-10 minutes to Las Ramblas, but it is worth it, as there are less tourists around. The room was very comfortable and clean, with nice bathroom. Even though my room was rather small, I liked it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
pepe066, Director General at Hotel Balmes, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Customer,

Thank you for our opinion about the Hotel Balmes.

We are happy to know that you enjoyed with us in the Hotel and in Barcelona.

I hope to see you next future and thank you again.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Just came back from a 6 night stay at the Balmes hotel in Barcelona. The hotel is a 15 minute walk from the Rambla which made it very convenient for everything. A supermarket and a pharmacy are only a few meters away. The room was very spacious and immaculate. The staff was very friendly snd helpful. The breskfast (included un our package deal) was very nice. Lots of fresh fruit and eggs made to order upon your request. Good cheeses and baked goods too. The pool area was cozy and inviting although the pool was more for wading than swimming. Great for cooling off after a long day's touring the city. The only fault we could gind was the wifi. While it was free, it kept getting disconnected and made working and talking to home a challenge. The staff said that management were going to switch internet suppliers. Maybe they already have. We definitely reccommend this hotel and are looking foward to returning in the near future. Muchisinlmas gracias Balmes!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
pepe066, Director General at Hotel Balmes, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Costumer,

Thank you for coming to the Balmes Hotel and for enjoy with us.

For all the staff is very important your opinion and we will try to give the best to our clients in the future.

Thank you for give us a good opinion about the Hotel Balmes : room, garden, breakfast, service in general.

If you return to Barcelona , please contact me and I will give you the best information of Barcelona.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We have just returned from a 3 nights city break in Barcelona and had a fantastic time.
Hotel very clean, staff friendly and helpful. There is a hair dryer in the bathroom and toiletries provided.
The rooms were spacious, clean and well presented.
We did not choose to eat in the hotel as it was a city break we were out all day and part of our holiday is trying different places to eat.
We used the pool and Jacuzzi (which could have been little bit warmer), steam room was not working - These were relaxing after a hectic day sight seeing!!
The hotel was within walking distance (20 mins).
We used the Areobus to and from the airport which was E6 and no hassle at all.
Great time, beautiful city

Room Tip: None - Even though the hotel is located in a bust area, it was quiet and had no trouble sleeping. We were on 6th floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Alpharooms

Dear Costumer,

Thank you for coming to the Hotel Balmes and for your opinion too.

I am very happy to know that you had a nice days in our Hotel and you enjoyed with our service as you wrotte : location, rooms, garden, jacuzzi, etc....

Thanks and I hope to see you next future in Barcelona, and I will give you some information about my citty.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed in a Superior room, which was huge and beautifully furnished. Hotel seemed very new or recently renovated. Great location - quiet street within walking distance to Sagrada Familia, Gaudi's masterpieces, Plaza de Catalunya, etc. Breakfast was good, but I'd say it isn't worth the 14EUR they charge, so I wouldn't recommend it if you have the time to go elsewhere.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Costumer,

Thank you for your words about the Hotel Balmes.

For all the staff is a pleasure to know that as you said the Hotel had a nice rooms, nice location, and service.We will try to give the best to our clients always.

Thank you so much and I hope to see you next future in Barcelona.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Just returned from Barcelona. I've stayed two nights at the Balmes Hotel. The hotel is very easy to reach in the city center, 10-15 mins walk to the famous La Rambla street. 5 mins walk to Diagonal or Passeig de Garcia metro station. I would say that the pros of this hotel is its location, the rooms are small but clean and the staff are friendly. The cons of this hotel is the acoustic (you ear everything, from the bathroom/toilet to the next room to the corridor etc...) so be sure you stay at least with a good friend, and I also can add the noisy air-con (which didn't interrupt the noise from my neighbors). Breakfast was not included in my rate. They charge 14eur for it, you can have great breakfast in one of the cafes around for less.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your opinion about the Hotel Balmes.

Our aim is to give the best to our clients, and we will work hard with this idea.

Thank you for coming with us I hope to see you next future.