Hotel Balmes
Expo Barcelona
US$286
US$245
1,301 results
All reviewscerveceria catalanarecommend this hoteldiagonal metro stationfriendly hotelsmall poollas ramblasgaudi buildingswalking distancecasa batllotwo blockssingle roomminute walktapasquiet roomhotel staffhotel barcentral location
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights in July. Our room was great, had all the facilities we required (bed, sofa, mini bar, air conditioning) but best of all was the private outside space. We had patio doors that let onto a small balcony then steps down to a large terrace area, complete with table, chairs and sun loungers. It was very private and got the sun until 4pm - you are normally lucky to get a balcony in Barcelona never mind all this space. I believe only a few rooms in the hotel have this extra, ours was a superior room. The hotel was very clean, the staff were very pleasant and helpful and friendly. We normally stay at the Jazz hotel and decided to try Balmes for a change and we loved it. £85 for the room per night. Didn't have breakfast or eat in hotel so cannot comment, there are loads of café bars right on the doorstep of the hotel open till around 1am. Free wifi - I had an issue getting connected but the reception staff set my phone up for me in no time and I had no problems with it. We had no disturbed sleep due to noise - you couldn't hear a thing and also the patio doors have electronic shutters that keep the light out. We will definitely be returning to this hotel again on our next visit to Barcelona and cant recommend it enough. It is a 15minute walk to the top of Las Ramblas for those wishing to sight see or visit the busier side to Barcelona. Thank you to the staff at Balmes Hotel for making our stay enjoyable and we will be back.

Room Tip: Superior room was excellent, very quiet with private outside area
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
pepe066, Director General at Hotel Balmes, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your words about the Hotel Balmes.

All the staff of the Hotel is very happy to know that you had a nice days in our Hotel and in Barcelona.

Thank you so much and I hope to see you soon in Barcelona.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Just returned from a three night stay here. Lovely hotel, great value for money and very clean. Hotel pool is small but lovely.
No complaints at all.
Only point, we thought the breakfast was rather expensive at €14 but didn't affect us as we decided to eat out.
Would definitely return to this hotel. Very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
pepe066, Director General at Hotel Balmes, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your words about the Hotel Balmes.

For all the staff is a pleasure to know that you spent a nice days in our Hotel.

I hope to see you next time in Barcelona, and in the hotel Balmes of course.

Thanks.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We're on our 4th visit to the Balmes Hotel and wouldn't stay anywhere else in Barcelona! Great location and nice swimming pool and grounds! Very welcoming after a day in the city. Staff are friendly and helpful. Always ready to recommend restaurants etc.. Will be back next year!

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the new block.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank dbedford

Dear Customer,

Thank you for coming to the Hotel Balmes and for your words about it.

We are very happy to know that is the 4th time that you come to our Hotel and all was fantastic as you said.

Thank you so much and I hope to see you next time in Barcelona again.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

stayed four nights at this hotel and wasn't impressed. location is great, close to the metro and within walking distance to la sagrada familia and other tourist sights. but hotel staff fail to make any positive impression. concierge was most disappointing. patronising attitude, only one guy possessed an acceptable level of english (but even then, it was clear he was reluctant to speak it, preferring to give that "why can't you speak spanish" look). don't expect much english from the rest of the staff. a few staff in the breakfast area were genuinely nice though.

building looked good from the outside, but once you step into the room you'll no doubt be disappointed. three-star hotel? more like renovated two-star. beds were average, tv was tiny and incredibly outdated (i think it was like 20 inch? limited channels). desk was tiny and impossible to work on. fridge was poorly maintained and my fridge cabinet was broken when i first opened it, almost injuring myself in the process. bathroom is a decent size with a tub, but again nothing fancy.

tried to order room service but no one picked up! after four attempts and one hour later, finally someone with poor english picked up, but got scared and slammed the phone on me. i had to call again and asked for another person to speak to. 1.5 hrs later and god knows how many phone calls, i finally managed to make an order. food was delivered in another 30 mins. it was the most difficult room service order i've ever had to make in my life.

finally, at check out, they wanted to overcharge me for a laundry item that didn't exist. small error, but when i mentioned it, the guy checked his records, and then just made a passing remark "okay you are right". no apology whatsoever.

my wonderful trip to this lovely city is only scarred by this hotel. i wonder how they are able to charge the price they do. i would go for the newer establishments in the area next time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank cachecacher
pepe066, Director General at Hotel Balmes, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your words , but I have to tell you that I don´t agree with you but I respect at all.

All the staf of the Hotel try to give the best service to all the clients, and is possible that sometimes we are not perfect, and we know it.
We will work hard in the future in order to be better and we want to apologise if something was wrong.
Thank you for coming with us and I would like that you will give us another opportunity in order to change your idea about us.

Thank you and I hope to see you next future in the Hotel Balmes.

Director HOtel Balmes.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

The Balmes offers very convenient accomodation in the centre of Barcelona, still quiet and reasonably priced. You need to walk maybe 5-10 minutes to Las Ramblas, but it is worth it, as there are less tourists around. The room was very comfortable and clean, with nice bathroom. Even though my room was rather small, I liked it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Customer,

Thank you for our opinion about the Hotel Balmes.

We are happy to know that you enjoyed with us in the Hotel and in Barcelona.

I hope to see you next future and thank you again.