1,087 results
All reviews selva de mar metro station minute walk quiet area tour bus sight seeing central barcelona hop on hop la rambla visit barcelona euros city taxi convention comb sauna stops
Reviewed 25 July 2014

....Wasn't bad, clean rooms, but a slightly chaotic method getting to the elevator.

I even had somewhat of a seaview if I leant out of the window a bit.

free wi-fi which was good.

It's about 15 minutes from the old quarter, so not too bad a journey.

reakfast was pretty much as yoiu'd find in a Premier Inn too. Not the greatest, but enough to fill a gap until lunch.

I stayed for one night mid-week and it was about 77 euros, so that wasn't too bad either.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
BestHotelscities, Gerente at Hotel Front Maritim, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear guest, thank you for posting your review. I am glad that in general you liked your stay, the hotel indeed has a great location and we always aim for customer service excellence. I hope you will have a chance to visit us again and will be able to try all the services that our hotel has to offer. Best Regards, Mari Carmen Soriano - Management

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Two night stay

This was an ideal short stay for my wife and I before starting a cruise. Arrived with some trepidation after reading a few of the previous reviews, but was pleasantly surprised with the hotel.

The staff were efficient and professional. They did seem a little stretched when a large party arrived which was understandable. Room was very clean albeit on the small side. Situated on Floor 7 at the back of the hotel, there was a side on view of the ocean and due to the large window the room was light and airy, but quiet at night. WC/shower room was large and spotless. There were plenty of extras in bathroom kit. Towels/bedding were clean.

Wi-Fi was fine from our room and reception. Did not experience any drop-out, although I was only loading basic web pages/mail - not streaming music/video. Did not use the gym (was open)

No mini bar or safe. The hotel offers safety deposit boxes for a 30€ refundable deposit.

Food:
Did not have any of their meals. Spoke to a few people leaving at the same time as us and they really enjoyed their half board menus and breakfast.
Plenty of cafes/restaurants near the hotel and a beach cafe/bar.
As expected there were no tea/coffee making facilities – as with most Spanish/French/Italian hotels we have visited.

Selva de Mar metro approx. 10 mins walk.

Bus (H16) 3 minute walk - next road up at the rear of the hotel. Bus journey to the beach end of Las Ramblas is approx. 20mins. For anyone going onto a ship and not wanting to take a cab, this is ideal for the Columbus monument that is situated at the port entrance. If your ship is docked at one of the further Terminals, A-D then you will need to get the port shuttle bus which is an incredible 2€ pp. This does seem excessive after paying 10.30€ at the Airport for a T-10 travel card which covered us for all other travel on public transport during our stay (5 journeys each, anywhere in town and also timed so may include return trips).

Cab approx. 15€ to town (did not use).

Great beach approx. 5min walk - across busy road but with pedestrian crossings and a bridge.

Worth a mention too that there is a large shopping centre East of the metro (Diagonal Mar Centro Comercial), around a 15-20 min walk from the Hotel. Includes a Spanish equivalent of Auchan (Alcampo) for food and probably covers everything you would need for a holiday without having to shop in the city.

For those feeling more energetic, the walk to the edge of the Parc de la Ciutadella is approx. 35-40mins.

Luggage can be held there if leaving Barcelona later in the day.

Three days is not long enough for Barcelona and we hope to be back. We would probably book this hotel again – assuming that the next visit will be during the warmer months of the year.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank southeastcycle
BestHotelscities, Gerente at Hotel Front Maritim, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear southeastcycle

I am assuming from your article that you must be a travel writer! There is so much detail about every aspect of the hotel and locality. Thank you so much for taking the time to put all your experiences down in writing.

Kind regards

Mari Carmen Soriano
Directora
Hotel Front Maritim

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Yes thats right, not what you would expect from a 4 star hotel, neither the fact that the ac that didn't work (but which did get fixed in the end).
It's pretty basic and definitely not very cozy, the breakfast is alright, but not great. And the service...well they do what you ask them to do.
It wasn't the worst, but looking at the price/ quality ratio, really not compatible.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
BestHotelscities, Gerente at Hotel Front Maritim, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear guest, thank you for leaving your review. I do regret reading about your impression from your last stay with us. Please accept my apologies for a lapse in cleaning service that you received in our hotel, I have already spoken to our maids regarding this very unpleasant incident. I do hope you reconsider staying with us in the future as our levels of hospitality and services are generally very high. Your sincerely, Mari Carmen Soriano

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Bad air-conditioner with limited cooling effect at rooms on the 1'th floor. Ask for an upgrade to any of the top floor if you stay here. Restaurant at the hotel that was good. Tidy and clean rooms. Okay service but quite slow. No problem to leave our luggage all day in storage when we checked out. No problem to prolonging the checkout for an hour or two. Helpful while we where asking for a new hotels in town - free use of computers with internet in well air-conditened reception

Very close to lively beach full of sun chairs and parasols, drinks, loud music and dancing spanish people. Located a bit away from city center. A ride to town costs 10-15 euro (it was to hot and far to walk).

The hotel is suitable for those who seek to come away from the city plus with shopping and tourist, and instead spend all your days at the close by miles long beach.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Therese T
BestHotelscities, Gerente at Hotel Front Maritim, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Therese, thank you for posting your review. Glad to hear that in general you liked our hotel and facilities. I can assure you that all steps will be taken to address the points that weren't so good. Let us know in advance about your arrival and I will allocate you a different room to make sure your stay is perfect. Best Regards, Mari Carmen Soriano.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

rooms are very dark and looking directly to the street. Gym close down early, poor breakfast and very run down athmosphere. Stayed one night for business visit and could not bear one more if I had to... locationwise its good , I went for a good jog around the beach and back and around the hotel sort of 15 k and that was the best thing I remember from teh time I stayed there. It almost made me forget how bad the hotel was.

Room Tip: no idea whether there is any good room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DORDubai

Dear visitor, I am sorry to hear that our hotel was not to your liking. We take your comments into consideration and I will speak to my staff to make any necessary changes. Best Regards,
Mari Carmen Soriano