“Best on Las Ramblas”

Royal Ramblas Hotel
Ranked #116 of 516 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The Royal Ramblas is a perfect hotel. It is located in the best location - directly on La Rambla, so it is close to restaurants, shops, museums, the theater and everything else. We walked all the way to the sea/port area from the hotel and back with a 7 year old without a problem. It is close to the large market area that you can't miss on a trip to Barcelona! The staff at this hotel was extremely friendly and helpful. Our flight arrived very early in the morning and I was not expecting the hotel to have a room ready for us at that time, but they did. The room was spotless, large, had a nice bathroom and I couldn't have asked for anything more. We did not have any issue with noise - the hotel was very quite. The breakfast was great! It is a full breakfast with eggs, meats, cheeses, breads, cereals, pastries and more. I can't wait to go back to Barcelona and I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,787)

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Royal Ramblas has an excellent location right on La Rambla, only a short distance from busy Plaça de Catalunya where airport express buses depart and arrive. The hotel has a fairly small reception area, but a nice lobby upstairs with a great view to La Rambla. Charming and friendly staff, surprisingly good breakfast (in my case not included in the room price) and altogether a clean and modern hotel. Inside I couldn't hear any noise from the busy street. I had a really small room, but well designed for a sole traveller. However for couples I'd recommend getting a bigger (and obviously more expensive) room. Flat-screen TV and basic free wifi were working fine during my stay. For hotel guests dining in the restaurant next door at a reduced price was also a convenient option. Absolutely worth the money!

Room Tip: Budget rooms are tiny but an affordable choice for a solo traveller.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We spent one night here on a recent trip to Barcelona. The location was great- right near rhe top of La Ramba and very near to the Metro. Hotel itself was fantastic. Very clean and stylish rooms and a very comfy bed! Staff were extremely helpful and spoke excellent English. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wintersun2010
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We only had one night in Barcelona so wanted a good location. This hotel is spot on! We took a train from the airport and a pleasant walk from Passeig de Gràcia station down to Placa de Catalunya and from there the hotel was no distance at all.
Check in staff were very helpful and friendly and we were fortunate enough to be upgraded to a very large room. Decor throughout was modern and in good condition (I stay in a lot of hotels for business and this one definitely stands out).

I had heard some complaints of noise from friends who had stayed on Las Ramblas but this hotel is clearly very well soundproofed - no noise at all.

Will definitely stay there again

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mark B
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The hotel was clean. We were told the hotel was smoke free but from 9:30 pm until around 6 am someone adjacent to our room was smoking. The smoke came through the air conditioning ducks and filled our room. My family and I are all sensitive to cigarette smoke and had a very hard time breathing. I went down stairs to inform the front desk and they told me that they could not do much. Needless to say we did not get any sleep that night. They did offer us free breakfast which I thought was included in the price of the room but was told that it was not included if I booked through Expedia which I had. Honestly the $350! we paid for the room was not worth it.

Room Tip: Make sure they guarantee a smoke free environment.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Montse E, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Royal Ramblas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Mrs. Heidi,

Thank you for your comment in Trip Advisor, we appreciate that you make public this situation because or us is also annoying to have to pursuit some guests that do not accept the Non-smoking Rules and Laws for the Hotel Industry arround Spain.

In our Hotel we inform, in all the rooms, that is a Non-Smoking Hotel, but unfortunatelly sometimes we have to deal with guests that do not bother about this healthy conduct policy.

So we thank your comment again that for sure will help us to avoid this situations in the future.

We remind you that you can visit our website and follow us on our social networks: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.

Yours faithfully,

The Hotel Management

Reviewed 18 June 2014

yes this the hotel if you want to stay at LA RAMLAS in Barcelona. hotel is clean and breakfast is good. Little expensive as compared to others but you don't mind if you r on La Ramlas. there r no security issues as I was told ( theft) , entire Ramlas street is secured by Police and u really enjoy the place .Barcelona bus tour is just 50meters away . will recommend to all other travelers.

Room Tip: want to stay at La Ramlas this is the hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This new, stylish hotel is located at the La Ramblas and other nearby sightseeing places are within walking distances. In addition , the hotel is also near to most of transport stops including bus turistic and airport bus. On 11 June 2014, I came across a taxi strike and there were no taxi and rental car available. The hotel staff provided me with a solution so that I could catch the flight. For wheelchair travelers, I would recommend this hotel as the room is spacious and equipped with shower chair and handrail by toilet.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple