“Amazing weekend in sunny Barcelona!”

Alexandra Barcelona Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #152 of 516 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Great location, very close to Paseo de Gracia where are all shops and restaurants, friendly staff, ready to help at any time, very good breakfast, you can find everything you usually have for breakfast, modern room with incredible ceiling, brand new bathroom, all great equipment, very clean rooms, amazing and comfortable pillows, highly recommended hotel, nice outside terrace, free wi-fi

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank AnastasiaRusa
Eduard P, Director General at Alexandra Barcelona Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your kind comments, I will be more than pleased to share it with my staff.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,942)

Reviewed 21 September 2013

I ordered a bottle of cava online and expected to receive it when I checked into the hotel. However, it didn't arrive until when I left for lunch. When I returned to the room and saw the bottle, I wasn't pleased because there was a "do not disturb" sign and a staff actually entered the room to drop off the cava. But the worst thing is: my iPhone went missing! It was my business phone full of important contacts, memos and emails. When I checked with the staff, they shrugged their shoulders and suggested, "tough luck" with their body languages.

The hotel location is good but I won't come back to this hotel again. The room is also tired looking - probably more like a 3 than 4 star hotel.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Watamis
Juan Manuel T, Director General at Alexandra Barcelona Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for having selected our hotel for your stay and posted this review but we are very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us...

I'm sorry that the bottle of cava was not in your room on arrival .. I´m going to talk with the development departament to be able to choose the arrival time on the website to improve our service.

On the other hand, there is something not quite understand ... I try to be informed of everything that happens in my hotel, is part of my job, and believe me when I say that a robbery in a room that kind of things that are addressed immediately and that draw attention. No team member has been informed of what happened in your room and is rare that in a 4 day stay we have more information through this prestigious website.
I do not mean by this that not been so, only if we know what happened at the time that this stay we can find a solution .. and we want our customers to be satisfied ..

Believe me when I say that we are here for you...

I hope to see you soon in the next future

best regards

Reviewed 4 September 2013

The hotel was very nice; the location was good, the beds were comfy, clean rooms and the staff was really service minded and helpfull. The breakfast selection could have been better (I really missed vegetables), but all in all a very good hotel! I want to come here again...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Solveig V
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The hotel is on the La Rambla Catalunya (extension of the La Rambla). Much peaceful and quiter than the La Rambla. Very nice restaurants and tapas bars nearby. Very close to Passeig de Gracia and 10 minutes walking from Plaza de Catalanuya. The staff are very cordial and helpful. The helpdesk can make bookings for you if your interested in attending a flamenco dance night, Camp Nou visit, Sagrada family, bus tickets. It was very helpful for me to get everything at one place. The prices were same as you would buy from anywhere else. Clean rooms and comfortable beds. Excellent ambience as you enter the lobby. Did not try their buffet as we wanted to try the local restaurants. Very close to metro station (2 blocks down). The room has electronic lockers to keep your valuables.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ranjive V
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Hopefully the construction is over now. It is good hotel, very centrally located. We walked to most places directly. I preferred this location to the center of more touristy location of La Rambla. You can see the locals when you are out of the hotel.

The staff is very competent nice and friendly. They also speak English enough but go a find somebody who is fluent if the need is there. One interesting thing is that they want you to post your comments in tripadvisor but not only for "good" comments. They were saying that comments in tripadvisor will cause them to be better going forward. Great desire to be the best with transparency.

Breakfast looked good but we chose to walk out and enjoy various cafes in the morning.

Free internet was mostly working in the lobby and restaurant. The reception in the room was not good.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2013

The hotel was nice , location was good and also breakfast but unfortunlly we left one of our suitcase unlocked and the tablet that were inside was stolen.

The staff reaction was poor - we suspected that it was the cleaning lady ... We complained to the man at the hotel front desk and he said that they have watched the security video and like we suspected no one entered the room beside the cleaning lady...
We were very dissatisfied with this answer and advise you not to trust at the hotels staff and to lock your suitcase while you are out of the room.

• Stayed: April 2013
6  Thank Shayse
Juan Manuel T, Director General at Alexandra Barcelona Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

Dear guest

First of all we really appreciate the time you spent writing your comment. These details help us improve our quality and service objectives to go beyond our clients expectations to make their stay a positive and special experience.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused, somehow we are astonished as those levels of service that you mention are unusual in our establishment. Just have a look the others reviews..

floor staff working with us for many years and I can assure you that they are people of my confidence. It is possible to lose it somewhere else, because our locks are maximum security and record all accesses.

anyway I apologize for the incident and on your next visit ask for me to check in. .. I am always available to customers for all kinds of situations.

Best regards

Reviewed 25 August 2013

We stayed here for 5 days, and no complains. Their breakfast is awesome, beautiful rooms, nice decoration, staff is very competent, and attentions were superb. It is nice and clean, you won't be disappointed!!! They are very close to Passeig de Gracia and 10 minutes walking from Plaza de Catalanuya, 2 minutes away from Casa Batllo, La Pedrera. Also there are 2 stops for the touristic bus (lines blue and red), that you can have a great view of Barcelona. Great stay!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hugo R
Travellers also viewed these Barcelona hotels
Les Corts
Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona
Catalonia Square
Catalonia Square
#12 of 516 in Barcelona

Been to Alexandra Barcelona Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton? Share your experiences!