“Location cannot be better; great breakfast.”

Alexandra Barcelona Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #150 of 519 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We stayed 3 nights here with our then 8-year-old boy during June 2011. Room and en-suite bathroom were well-maintained and the room sizes are decent. (The elevator going to our room was small but it was not an issue.) Cannot be in a better location – convenient, safe, and hip. Steps to restaurants, cafes, shopping as well as to subway stations. The breakfast buffet was also very decent. Selection was not huge but there was enough variety. Food quality was quite good. I booked online from the hotel web site directly, and the offer came with breakfast and a subway ticket of 10 euros. Overall the staff was friendly. I would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mochamudpie
Eduard P, Director General at Alexandra Barcelona Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your comments which will help us to improve our service and guest satisfaction.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,974)

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed here 18-20th October, and thought that this was a lovely hotel. The staff were excellent, particularly the bar staff and our first impressions upon entering the hotel was that it was very well renovated. The hotel is very modern, and stylish, in both the bedrooms and the foyer. The restaurant looked nice too although we did not try the food in there so cannot comment otherwise.
Our only reservation about staying at this hotel again would be due to the noise - we could hear the conversation of our neighbours next door, and as we were on the first floor we could also hear the noise from the street outside. That said, the room was lovely and the shower amazing, and it was all clean with plenty of towels and toiletries replenished. As were were only here for a couple of nights, we were not at the hotel much so room noise did not really detract from our enjoyment of the weekend. I would go back as the location was excellent - lots of lovely bars/ eateries on your doorstep which is a treat after a day's sightseeing if you do not want to go far. The hotel is in a lovely area, and we felt safe walking around here at night. If I was to choose the same hotel though, I would ask for a quiet room next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room - higher up or at the back. If you are at the front you will have a lovely bal...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emma034

Dear guest,
I appreciate your comments. Concerning the noise I must say that the hotel is completely isolated, however sometimes the street noise can not be reduced to "0" in some of our nice rooms due to fact that they are facing in front of the main street. This is why we have nice and quiter interior rooms.
we will be more than pleased to assingn that kind of room for your next visit in order to avoid this incovenient.
Thank you and we keep waiting for your next visit to Alexandra.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Stayed from Friday to Sunday with my wife in a City room.

With the location between Rambla de Catalunya and Passeig de Gracia - just a 10 minute walk north of Plaza de Catalunya, its in my opinion an excellent choice for a central location, unless you want to stay in the Gothic quarter or directly on the Rambla.

Plenty of restaurants and bars in the area and Metro stations and Tourist busstops just a few minutes away.

The size of the room and bathroom was ok, the wooden floors appreciated and the decoration modern minimalistic and elegant. Sleep quality was good, however I prefer the Nordic style quilt and quiltcover instead of the spanish hotel standard, 2 sheets and a blanket "sandwich".

The Hotel fulfilled our kind request of a room with a french balcony facing the street (3rd floor). At no time we were disturbed by traffic or other street noise and we didnt notice any "of the scale" noise from the neighbouring rooms.

We did not have much interaction with the staff, but check-in and check-out was fast and flawless.

The free wifi was nice and on behalf of future guests, I am happy to read that coverage in the rooms is soon to be upgraded. While upgrading, please add a Nespresso maschine to the room inventory.

One thing to remember for a weekend trip to Barcelona - on Sundays, the wast majority of all shops are closed.

All in all a great stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ljungskog

Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your kind comments which for sure will help us to continue improving our service day by day.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

I have stayed a month at the hotel but had to change room three times as they were booked so i could experience different rooms. The best about the hotel is its location, near passage Gracia, a few minutes walk. The check-in was nice and during my stay, people were kind but helpless for the service. I had to call five times to have the laundry service come to my room and the lady came the following day. The restaurant was fine, the menu was very short and in-room dining even less... The rooms were not very clean, i even found items from another guest ... No major inconvenience but not worth a 4 stars... would choose another hotel next time. Could be much better ...

Room Tip: There is no spa, you have to call prior to arrange a massage
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank Emmanuelle T
Eduard P, Director General at Alexandra Barcelona Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear guest,
I really appreciate your comments about your stay at Alexandra Hotel.
In relation to your experience about the room changes I must say that we always try to maintain our long stay guests in the same room, of course, but exceptionally in your case you were not originally staying more than twenty days, and later you decided to extend your stay.
When you arrived to our hotel you kindly comunicated us your room requirements, so finally we offered a junior suite type room which was available by that time.
Unfortunatelly when you comunicated your decision to our frontdesk staff this room was already specifically reserved for one of our guests, so that was the reason why we offered you to stay in room 895 as an option, which is also a more comfortable room.
Thank you very much for your comments about our service which is always an item in which we work hardly to improve, do not doubt that I will take it into consideration.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I regularly stay in Barcelona on business and after trying other hotels, I have decided to stay at the Alexandra each time. It's staff are friendly and helpful and the location is excellent. Close to the nicest shops and restaurants. I try to stay in the same room each visit, which has a modern contemporary bathroom, good hairdryer, and a large comfortable bed. I wouldn't describe the rooms as luxurious but they are clean, and well appointed and combine modern design with traditional features. On the downside, there are no tea and coffee facilities but the plus is that the wifi is free and works well without disconnecting all the time.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Eduard P, Gerente at Alexandra Barcelona Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear guest,
I really appreciate your comments about your stay at Alexandra Hotel. I am proud to hear positive comments about our service offered to guests like you as this is one of our main objectives.
In reference to tea and coffee facilities I kindly communicate that we are working on this, so I expect to provide new room facilities as the one you are mentioning.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Good location, nice staff. Few flaws though, there are no tea making facilities in the room and when I enquired about this at reception I was told that the suites had the facility. It is almost like they were assuming I should upgrade just to have a normal facility that every other hotel in Europe has..it is due to this fact that I will probably not rebook this hotel on my return trips to barcelona...basic minimum facility that they refuse to provide. Wifi dropped a few times and they had to get people out to fix it. Food is ok, depending on what chef is on in the kitchen, staff are really good and helpful. Rooms are of a standard size, only came across 2 channels on the tv that had English...could never find a price menu for the mini bar...so reluctantly only used it once to get a kit kat and that was over 3 euro so glad I did not use further. Mattress quality was only ok and I found it tough to sleep at night. By making a small few changes this could be a really superb hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Noel77
Eduard P, Director General at Alexandra Barcelona Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for your comments, I am sure this will help us to improve our facilities.
In a few weeks we will stablish tea and coffee facilities as a standard in the whole hotel, not doing any distinction by room type. In addition we are also working in our technology facilities, one of the changes will result in reinforcing our wifi signal, again in the whole hotel, that will result in a better service for our guests.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Great location, very close to Paseo de Gracia where are all shops and restaurants, friendly staff, ready to help at any time, very good breakfast, you can find everything you usually have for breakfast, modern room with incredible ceiling, brand new bathroom, all great equipment, very clean rooms, amazing and comfortable pillows, highly recommended hotel, nice outside terrace, free wi-fi

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank AnastasiaRusa

Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your kind comments, I will be more than pleased to share it with my staff.