2,200 results
All reviews double tree great location diamond member passeig de gracia within walking distance tapas front desk staff boutique hotel around the corner junior suite very nice hotel central location gothic quarter metro station city casa cruise
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed here 18-20th October, and thought that this was a lovely hotel. The staff were excellent, particularly the bar staff and our first impressions upon entering the hotel was that it was very well renovated. The hotel is very modern, and stylish, in both the bedrooms and the foyer. The restaurant looked nice too although we did not try the food in there so cannot comment otherwise.
Our only reservation about staying at this hotel again would be due to the noise - we could hear the conversation of our neighbours next door, and as we were on the first floor we could also hear the noise from the street outside. That said, the room was lovely and the shower amazing, and it was all clean with plenty of towels and toiletries replenished. As were were only here for a couple of nights, we were not at the hotel much so room noise did not really detract from our enjoyment of the weekend. I would go back as the location was excellent - lots of lovely bars/ eateries on your doorstep which is a treat after a day's sightseeing if you do not want to go far. The hotel is in a lovely area, and we felt safe walking around here at night. If I was to choose the same hotel though, I would ask for a quiet room next time.

Room tip: Ask for a quiet room - higher up or at the back. If you are at the front you will have a lovely balcony and can soak up the street atmosphere
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emma034
Eduard P, Director General at Alexandra Barcelona Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear guest,
I appreciate your comments. Concerning the noise I must say that the hotel is completely isolated, however sometimes the street noise can not be reduced to "0" in some of our nice rooms due to fact that they are facing in front of the main street. This is why we have nice and quiter interior rooms.
we will be more than pleased to assingn that kind of room for your next visit in order to avoid this incovenient.
Thank you and we keep waiting for your next visit to Alexandra.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Stayed from Friday to Sunday with my wife in a City room.

With the location between Rambla de Catalunya and Passeig de Gracia - just a 10 minute walk north of Plaza de Catalunya, its in my opinion an excellent choice for a central location, unless you want to stay in the Gothic quarter or directly on the Rambla.

Plenty of restaurants and bars in the area and Metro stations and Tourist busstops just a few minutes away.

The size of the room and bathroom was ok, the wooden floors appreciated and the decoration modern minimalistic and elegant. Sleep quality was good, however I prefer the Nordic style quilt and quiltcover instead of the spanish hotel standard, 2 sheets and a blanket "sandwich".

The Hotel fulfilled our kind request of a room with a french balcony facing the street (3rd floor). At no time we were disturbed by traffic or other street noise and we didnt notice any "of the scale" noise from the neighbouring rooms.

We did not have much interaction with the staff, but check-in and check-out was fast and flawless.

The free wifi was nice and on behalf of future guests, I am happy to read that coverage in the rooms is soon to be upgraded. While upgrading, please add a Nespresso maschine to the room inventory.

One thing to remember for a weekend trip to Barcelona - on Sundays, the wast majority of all shops are closed.

All in all a great stay.

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ljungskog

Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your kind comments which for sure will help us to continue improving our service day by day.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I regularly stay in Barcelona on business and after trying other hotels, I have decided to stay at the Alexandra each time. It's staff are friendly and helpful and the location is excellent. Close to the nicest shops and restaurants. I try to stay in the same room each visit, which has a modern contemporary bathroom, good hairdryer, and a large comfortable bed. I wouldn't describe the rooms as luxurious but they are clean, and well appointed and combine modern design with traditional features. On the downside, there are no tea and coffee facilities but the plus is that the wifi is free and works well without disconnecting all the time.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Eduard P, Gerente at Alexandra Barcelona Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear guest,
I really appreciate your comments about your stay at Alexandra Hotel. I am proud to hear positive comments about our service offered to guests like you as this is one of our main objectives.
In reference to tea and coffee facilities I kindly communicate that we are working on this, so I expect to provide new room facilities as the one you are mentioning.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Good location, nice staff. Few flaws though, there are no tea making facilities in the room and when I enquired about this at reception I was told that the suites had the facility. It is almost like they were assuming I should upgrade just to have a normal facility that every other hotel in Europe has..it is due to this fact that I will probably not rebook this hotel on my return trips to barcelona...basic minimum facility that they refuse to provide. Wifi dropped a few times and they had to get people out to fix it. Food is ok, depending on what chef is on in the kitchen, staff are really good and helpful. Rooms are of a standard size, only came across 2 channels on the tv that had English...could never find a price menu for the mini bar...so reluctantly only used it once to get a kit kat and that was over 3 euro so glad I did not use further. Mattress quality was only ok and I found it tough to sleep at night. By making a small few changes this could be a really superb hotel.

Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Noel77
Eduard P, Director General at Alexandra Barcelona Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for your comments, I am sure this will help us to improve our facilities.
In a few weeks we will stablish tea and coffee facilities as a standard in the whole hotel, not doing any distinction by room type. In addition we are also working in our technology facilities, one of the changes will result in reinforcing our wifi signal, again in the whole hotel, that will result in a better service for our guests.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Great location, very close to Paseo de Gracia where are all shops and restaurants, friendly staff, ready to help at any time, very good breakfast, you can find everything you usually have for breakfast, modern room with incredible ceiling, brand new bathroom, all great equipment, very clean rooms, amazing and comfortable pillows, highly recommended hotel, nice outside terrace, free wi-fi

Date of stay: September 2013
2  Thank AnastasiaRusa

Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your kind comments, I will be more than pleased to share it with my staff.