“The warmest "home" in the heart of Barcelona - real spanish warmth”
Review of El Balcon del Born

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barcelona
El Balcon del Born
Ranked #48 of 307 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I stayed for a day and a half with Anna and Pablo, during which they made me feel like THEY were the ones staying with ME. The guest house is soo warm, authentically Barcelonian, immaculately clean and functional. The best memory I have taken with me is the great conversation I had with Pablo, Anna, and the wonderful guests around the breakfast table.
Needless to say, the location is central to everything: La Ramblas, the beach, Gothic neighborhood, all of it ... close enough to get everywhere, yet in the perfectly quaint circle in Born.
I will be back again - I am hooked, and it only took 1 day and half.
Pablo and Anna were most helpful in helping me plan my walking trips and meals - I left feeling I had the best of the best dining experience, the best of the best touring experience, and the best of the best new friends.
Thank you for making my stay so exceptional.

Room Tip: All the rooms a great, but there is only one room with a corner view and another with a dedicated ba...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank 3antar

Reviewed 24 October 2011

My friends and I were in Barcelona from 7th to 11th October 2011. Initially we were worried that we may not be too comfortable sharing the toilet with other guests at El Balcon but alas, we were wrong! Every part of the guest house was very clean.

The guest house was strategically located near shops and cafes so one can wander about looking for souvenirs to buy or food to eat. It could get a little bit noisy at night with the crowd at the cafe below but it didn't bother me at all. I had a good sleep throughout my stay there.

The best part of El Balcon del Born were the hosts - Pablo and Anna. They were warm, friendly and helpful. I am a Muslim and Pablo suggested to me an area where I could find halal food. Thanks to him, I found a nice Turkish restaurant (about 5-7 mins walk) where I had my lunch and dinner while in Barcelona.

I will definitely recommend everyone to stay at El Balcon del Born to experience the warmth and hospitality of the hosts as well as the comfort of the guest house.

1  Thank Norhayati S
Reviewed 24 October 2011

We stayed at el Balcon del Born for one night. It's a lovely B&B run by a lovely couple who make every effort to ensure your stay is a relaxing and enjoyable one. Each room is unique and stylishly finished. The breakfast area is elegant, the kitchen well-stocked, the showers are great. It's right in the heart of the trendy el born but not noisy at night. All in all a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in the room: El Elcants. Its the only one with a private bathroom. While the other rooms w...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tania M
Reviewed 22 October 2011

El Balcon del born is extremely beautiful. From the kitchen,to the dining area, bedroom and the shared toilet. The moment you stepped inside, you will fell in love with the guest house. The balcony is perfect for you to chill and have your coffee. Pablo and Anna are extremely friendly and the best hosts you can ever asked for. They will assist you whenever you needed help. Their breakfast spread which you will never want to miss it. The location which is in the old town is also good. I will definitely come back to El Balcon del Born!

1  Thank WatiKasim
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Ana and Pablo are the best hosts you can have! Always friendly and very serviceminded. You feel like you have known them forever.The place is clean and the breakfast delicious! The location in the old town suited me perfectly. Nice streets, squares and bars but no noise at night. Would love to go back!

2  Thank Mellifluouswede
Reviewed 19 October 2011

This is the perfect b&b if you want to experience the best of Barcelona! I went with friends for a long weekend and all three of us stayed in the beautiful and spacious room El Palau and it was a magic stay with Pablo & Anna. The breakfast was beautifully served and very nice - all you need for a day in Barcelona - a buffet from which you could eat as much as you want. The atmosphere around the table was relaxed and both Pablo and Anna gave us personal advice for restaurants, tapasbars.... Every night when we came home the candles were lit - very cozy! You cannot find a better b&b in Barcelona! Thank you Anna & Pablo for some lovely days.

2  Thank Ulsa
Reviewed 19 October 2011

We have stayed with Pablo and Ana just two months after they opened their B&B. We had a great time, since both let you really feel being very welcome and you notice with every detail that they like their job very much. Also the location is ideal: For Barcelona it is quite silent but at the same time centally locacted for whatever your plans are. Just a few minutes towards the beach, in the other direction to the caso viejo/old town.
I also loved the nicely decorated room and the living/breakfast room.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple