“So lovely”
Review of El Balcon del Born

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barcelona
El Balcon del Born
Ranked #46 of 307 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 November 2011

My sisters and i stayed in the amazing "Balcon del born" at the end of october. I found this wonderful place random in the net and i want to recommend it., Ana and Pablo are really lovely, kind and nice and i have to tell you that you won't be able at all to leave the place! The "barrio" is my favourite one of Barcelona really close to the center. It's full of tapas bar, shops and it takes only ten minutes by foot to reach Plaza Catalunya. Thank you for all guys, i wish you all the best!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 November 2011

We spend 4 days in Barcelona, friendly welcomed by Anna and Pablo in their nice apartment, with 5 bed rooms. El balcon del Born is a very good place in Barcelona, central, near el barri gotic, with all accommodations, good restaurants and bar just outside the door.
Starting the day with a breakfast on the balcony, is a really nice time to spend. And all the day you feel free to come, having rest, as if you were at your own apartment.
I higly recommend this place for people who are seeking a friendly place, less impersonal than a big hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Just finished up a Portugal and Barcelona tour. We were directed to El Balcon del Born from another guesthouse that was unable to accommodate our travel dates. I was a tad skeptical at first seeing there was not a website, however decided to chance it with the friendly email exchanges and PDFs Pablo provided. We flew into Barcelona and took a taxi (approx. 30 euros) – the guesthouse is on a pedestrian street, so the taxi was a tad confused seeing we could not drive right up – however it’s just a short walk. We were greeted by Anna when we arrived and Pablo soon after and from there they took very good care of us. We stayed in a large front room, El Palau – it was just perfect and we had more than enough room. The two shared bathrooms were always spotless and available. The only suggestion I would make is that the early mornings were a tad noisy with outside sounds and other guests staying the house – perhaps a fan for white noise might be helpful to muffle that. Breakfast was always delicious and fresh and got us through much of the day until the first tapas tasting. The balconies offered a great way to enjoy breakfast with a morning espresso. It was a wonderful visit and if Anna & Pablo lived in the States I have a feeling we’d all hangout. At the same they also knew to give you space and enjoy your time in Barcelona. I do hope to make it back someday, but it’s a big world and I hope to see it all…

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2011

I stayed at this cute and cozy B&B for 3 nights in early June. It is located in the convenient and trendy El Born district. There are trains, sights, cafes/restaurants, and bars all within walking distance.The place itself is clean, comfortable, and well decorated. Free breakfast and wifi are included. Kitchen and washer/dryer unit are available.

Pablo was a awesome host! he really made it feel like home. Pablo, thank you for being so helpful and kind!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 November 2011

I stayed at this lovely hotel with my two friends. We had a relaxing weekend thanks to the very comfortable accommodation. The hotel is clean, pleasant and welcoming. I can highly recommend a stay att the El Balcon del Born.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I stayed for a day and a half with Anna and Pablo, during which they made me feel like THEY were the ones staying with ME. The guest house is soo warm, authentically Barcelonian, immaculately clean and functional. The best memory I have taken with me is the great conversation I had with Pablo, Anna, and the wonderful guests around the breakfast table.
Needless to say, the location is central to everything: La Ramblas, the beach, Gothic neighborhood, all of it ... close enough to get everywhere, yet in the perfectly quaint circle in Born.
I will be back again - I am hooked, and it only took 1 day and half.
Pablo and Anna were most helpful in helping me plan my walking trips and meals - I left feeling I had the best of the best dining experience, the best of the best touring experience, and the best of the best new friends.
Thank you for making my stay so exceptional.

Room Tip: All the rooms a great, but there is only one room with a corner view and another with a dedicated ba...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank 3antar
Reviewed 24 October 2011

My friends and I were in Barcelona from 7th to 11th October 2011. Initially we were worried that we may not be too comfortable sharing the toilet with other guests at El Balcon but alas, we were wrong! Every part of the guest house was very clean.

The guest house was strategically located near shops and cafes so one can wander about looking for souvenirs to buy or food to eat. It could get a little bit noisy at night with the crowd at the cafe below but it didn't bother me at all. I had a good sleep throughout my stay there.

The best part of El Balcon del Born were the hosts - Pablo and Anna. They were warm, friendly and helpful. I am a Muslim and Pablo suggested to me an area where I could find halal food. Thanks to him, I found a nice Turkish restaurant (about 5-7 mins walk) where I had my lunch and dinner while in Barcelona.

I will definitely recommend everyone to stay at El Balcon del Born to experience the warmth and hospitality of the hosts as well as the comfort of the guest house.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends