“One Day Hope to be back!”
Review of El Balcon del Born

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barcelona
El Balcon del Born
Ranked #46 of 308 Barcelona B&B and Inns
“One Day Hope to be back!”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

What a great time. We spent 4nights at this little Gem and from the Welcome from Roberto ((who left us with a detailed map of place to check out as well as some personal favourites) to our morning breakfasts ( which were amazing) with Anna and her brother Thomas and Pablo we felt at home from the first day. The location was amazing ... a short walk to the beach, food and shopping outside the door. So many memories and definitely the place to be. Thank you Anna for making it one of the best stops of our 3 week holiday!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Polish first
Atlanta
Reviewed 4 October 2013

In the last few days I stayed a total of seven days in El Balcon del Born and I can recommend this establishment without hesitation. When I arrived Roberto came to the door to assist with the luggage. (Luckily an elevator has been installed inside the stairwell.) From his first "Hello" to his "Goodby, have a safe trip home." he and Pablo were excellent hosts. A detailed tour of the facilities was given, being sure I understood the operation of the door locks, etc. This was followed by providing a map with detailed comments regarding the various sites, suggestions of the non-tourist restaurants, how to use the Metro system, etc. This attention was not just for the "welcome" orientation, but was given for the entire stay. I had been given the name of a restaurant in which to dine. Roberto located it on the map and told me of his visit there on an earlier date. Each morning the breakfast table was set with crystal juice glasses, chargers, and a cloth table cloth. There was nothing overlooked for the comfort of the guests. I met couples from Holland, Canada, Argentina and England...All were pleased with the hospitality offered by the hosts. I was away for three nights and they kept my larger suitcase for me and had it in my room when I returned.

I stayed in the smaller room (shown with the two blue pillows in the photos), and it was sufficient for my needs.

I will definitely return again to this establishment when I am in Barcelona again.

Room Tip: I had the 'small room' and it was fine for a solo traveler. Interior, with no street noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 2 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights and had a great experience. Roberto was incredible helpful from the day we made the reservations. He provided detailed instructions to the B&B from the airport. He was very accommodating when we arrived at 9:00 AM (before check-in time) to let us leave our luggage there and freshen up after a long flight before heading out for a day in the city. The place in incredibly clean. There are shared bathrooms, but we never had a usage conflict with any other guests. Our room was simple, but comfortable and (again) clean. And breakfast was fresh, plentiful and delicious. My only little nitpick would be that the B&B is on the 5th floor of an old building. There is an elevator, but it is incredibly small - too small for a slight claustrophobic like me. The stairs weren't difficult by any means, but they're a bit dark and dingy. Everything else was wonderful.

Goleta, California
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Very friendly hosts at El Balcon - wonderfully helpful and kind. They made great recommendations for things to see and do as well as where to eat. The bedrooms were nice and clean, and the bathrooms were too. Along with fresh towels, we were given bathrobes, which was a nice touch. Amazing breakfasts were provided daily, and they went out of their way to accommodate to our needs (like having to leave early to catch a plane on our last day). The hosts at El Balcon were probably the friendliest people we met on our whole tour of Spain! We would definitely stay at El Balcon again!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 1 October 2013

What can I say, I love this B n B so much, and the people who run it are so wonderful! We missed you, Pablo!

My friend and I stayed there for 2 nights, and had the best sleep in Spain. We stayed in room 6, which had 2 single beds and was quite spacious. The toilet and kitchen were just beside our room, so it was very convenient. Beds were comfortable and place was quiet.

Service was great, Pablo is such a wonderful host, upon our arrival, he very enthusiastically showed us the apartment, and presented us with a list of recommended sights and restaurants for Barcelona. We tried a few of the restaurants on the list and loved it. Also, we had problems booking online tickets for Sagrida Familia and The Picasso Musuem, and Pablo very kindly brought us to the bank to try and purchase the tickets, he also walked us to the Picasso Museum and informed the counter that we couldn't get the tickets online, and the counter very kindly proceesed the tickets for us on the spot and we did not have to que!

Breakfast was nice, as we could interact with the other guests. I could see the passion that Pablo has in running his B n B, it's obviously his pride and joy.

We really enjoyed our time in Barcelona, all the wonderful sights ( I love Gaudi) and sounds and eats, not to mention the wonderful stay. Will definately visit again if I can. Cheers to El Balcon del Born, you guys do a great job! :)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Zug, Zug, Switzerland
Reviewed 1 October 2013

During a long-weekend in Barcelona with my friend in August 2013, we decided to stay at 'El Balcón del Born'. Our experience there was very positive and thus we can perfectly understand why this 'Bed and Breakfast' is so highly rated on the Internet. Roberto, our host, was extremely kind and helpful! The breakfast provided was very good and enough to last for a few hours without becoming hungry! Just a tip: 'El Balcón del Born' may not be ideal if you are travelling as a couple and wish to have some privacy. The reason is that even if there are a few shared toilets (very clean, by the way) the whole place has several rooms with different travellers. Congratulations, Roberto & company! Rest assured that we will no doubt recommend 'El Balcón del Born' to more people! - Rita and Daniela.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 30 September 2013

The hosts of El Bacon are the best. Great breakfast items to choose from, maps to get you to your destination. very close to the ocean and many restaurants. So find a seat at dinner (approx. 8-9:00 PM) relax, people watch, join the crowd it gets pretty festive at night.
Recent bathroom upgrades with walk in showers, new tile, vanities. Very clean.
It's a short walk to many attractions . Explore the back alleys & streets behind the El Bacon.
My opinion is that the "Old City" is the place to be. Great Architectural features on the facades.
Order Hop On Hop Off bus tickets online before you go, the stop is maybe 200' away.
Visit the Gaudi houses, walk "The Rambla ", and many more outstanding sights. We will definitely go back.

1 Thank Brian G