“Minor things is most important things”

Catalonia Barcelona Plaza
Ranked #217 of 514 Hotels in Barcelona
Hafnarfjörður, Gullbringusysla, Iceland
“Minor things is most important things”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I stayed at the hotel while I attend the Microsoft Dynamics Convergence 2013 conference. As a professional in Microsoft technique I need to work from my hotel room - but the Internet couldn't even stream a simple radio station, so working trough a Remote Desktop Connection was almost impossible.

The hotel didn't offer me a comforter, instead is a brown fleece blanket is in my bed covered by white linen. On every morning I woke up seeing this brown blanket because the linen isn't fasten around the blanket. In my mind, cleaning and purity in bedrooms is my top priority both my own bedroom and another's :)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Sitja, General Manager at Catalonia Barcelona Plaza, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear guest,
We really appreciate the time taken to write your comments about our hotel. The costumer’s opinion is a top priority for us and it help us to constantly improve. We take into consideration your review to work in those aspects that need to be changed.
We apologize the inconveniences caused and we really hope that you decide to visit us again in the future, for giving us another chance to exceed your highest expectations.
Yours faithfully,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ashbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

Everything about this hotel is good. Our room was fab. Good bed and pillows. Super shower and the layout of the bathroom with separate shower, and toilet with the wash bowl on its own is a great idea. Especially as I stayed with my daughter. It made it convenient to clean teeth etc while she showered. The only small criticism I have is the rather chaotic state of the breakfast room at rush times. This was improved when we went down for breakfast a bit earlier. Still they should be ahead of the game at all times.

Stayed November 2013
2 Thank lovelunch
Dear Guest,
I do like to read that you enjoyed our large and recent renovated rooms but what I really like the most are your comments regarding our staff!
Many thanks for your time and your nice comments and I truly hope to welcome you back very soon.
Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Was staying in Reloj room for 3 nights.
Location of hotel in centre is very useful. You can reach everything by foot. Underground car parking is comfy and safe.
Room has 2 levels and great view to Spain Plaza.
Everything was clean and in good condition.
Door handle sometimes stays in your hand, but it's not a big problem.
One thing - room does not have any number and named "S.R." si everyone was knocking and sure that it was smoking room.
I recommend you this hotel for Barcelona stays.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank svadg
Dear guest,
We really appreciate your positive comments about our hotel. I do like to read that you enjoyed our Clock Suite. It is a very special room for us. The costumer’s opinion is a top priority for us and it help us to constantly improve. I would like to use this opportunity to say that we would like to welcome you again in the future.
Yours faithfully
Mesquite, Nevada
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Amazingly quiet on the busy Plaza Espana, the hotel was perfectly situated near a Metro stop, mall, restaurants and access to other transportation. The views of the Plaza Espana at night were amazing! There is an ATM machine INSIDE the lobby, which seemed safer than on a street corner. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Rooms were adequate; nothing special. The lobby furniture could use a makeover; a bit worn. Access to internet in the lobby. Buffet breakfast had great variety - the coffee machines (3) provided one cup at a time and there was always a line to get coffee (or hot water for tea) as they weren't all operating properly at the same time. A bit frustrating as there was no other option. If location is a priority, then this hotel is ideal. If you are looking for luxury or dining perks, not-so-much.

Room Tip: Views on the front side facing the Plaza Espana are awesome - higher up is best for noise reduction.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Melanie G
Dear Melanie,
Thank you so much for sharing this extensive review!
I am happy to hear your nice comments about our staff as well as the convenient location of the hotel itself.
I appreciate your honest input and apologize for the issues you encountered.
We will share your comments with our team as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience.
I really hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in town so we may show you the complete quality stay you deserve.
Best regards,
St. Paul, MN
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This hotel was a perfect location for a first trip to Spain. It is right next to a mall with tons of food places and right on the subway line. All of the staff I encountered at the front desk were both fluent in English and Spanish which was very helpful. The single beds were pushed up next to each other which was a bit strange but I have been told that is a European thing! You also needed a key card for your room to operate your electricity box (again, a European thing I didn't know about). But the front desk was happy to help. The room was decent, but it could have been a bit improved in comfort, lighting, and modernized which is why I gave it 4 of 5 stars. Still a nice hotel the furniture in the room seemed a bit outdated, and the interior of the room didn't have much lighting.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Yours faithfully,
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

The hotel was fine. Breakfast was actually pretty good with an omelette station. The rooms were a decent size. The downside was the lack if decent restaurants in the neighborhood. We ended up eating pizza at lunch and dinner. One night we were desperate for something different and caved for a hamburger and French fries. We kept asking for restaurant recommendations and were told to take a cab to a different neighborhood!!! There was a fun wine store that we found nearby where we were able to select wines from barrels. That was the highlight of the neighborhood. When we return to Barcelona, we will stay at the Melia on Av. Sarria.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Yours faithfully
San Diego, California
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

First of all it was the perfect location metro station infront of the hotel, airport bus too and taxi spot. Plaza arenas is next to it, parks and walking distance to plaza cataluyna and ramblas. Despite the busy location the rooms where very quite great sound proofing spacious clean. Breakfast was delicious and lots of variety. I had taken my reservation with breakfast include but because of work and jet lagged I could only go once to the breakfast so I ask them to change my reservation to paid breakfast as I go and no hassle from the hotel or booking extremely please and happy with the service at the hotel. Thank Linda for your wonderful attention thank you all the staff Great value for my money and in fact I would never stay anywhere else in barcelona that is not at plaza Catalonia is a guarantee.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Jessrodriguez
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for sharing this nice review!
I am happy to hear your nice comments about our staff and specially about Linda, as well as the convenient location of the hotel itself.
I appreciate your honest input and apologize for the issues you encountered.
Best regards,