Catalonia Barcelona Plaza
Ofelias Hotel(Barcelona)
Onix Fira Hotel(Barcelona)
B-Hotel(Barcelona)
  • Restaurant
Ayre Hotel Gran Via(Barcelona)
Aparthotel Acces(Barcelona)
Hotel Vilamari(Barcelona)
Hotel Climent(Barcelona)
2,647 results
All reviewsmetro stationrooftop poolbull ringbusiness tripbusiness hoteldecent hotelexcellent locationexcellent breakfastreception staffla ramblafountainbullringstopsaerobuseurostaxisunderground
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 February 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Sitja, Director General at Catalonia Barcelona Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Reviewed 1 February 2014

This was one of the worst hotel experiences I've ever had.

The staff was utterly rude, under-trained and unprofessional. There was NO issue that was handled stress-free. To the extent that the receptionist helping me print out some business related papers that I urgently needed, first read the papers and then brought them out from their back office, and more, dared to question me about the content and expressed an opinion on it. When i talked to the manager on duty i was met with total indifference and was asked to pay for those days that i had stayed by that time, despite the fact that i was in the middle of my stay...

The breakfast buffet was bland and repetitive. Rooms had no noise insulation, whoever walked by your door or down the corridor the steps would echo loudly. The corridors were constantly noisy which made sleep almost impossible.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank busi_savvy

Dear guest,
First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel Attica21 Barcelona Mar during your visit to the city of Barcelona, and give us your opinion, always important to us.
In relation with your comments, we are sorry to hear that your stay has not lived up to your expectations. We want to let you know that we have taken note of your observations and talked with the staff involved in this case; finding out that it was an unfortunate misunderstanding between you and our receptionist.
Our entire team is working to improve and provide our customers the most comfortable and pleasant stay as possible.

Once again thank you for your valuable assistance, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you in our hotel on a future occasion. Do not hesitate to contact us in case you decide to return to Barcelona and we will be happy to assist you again.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 1 February 2014

I've stayed here twice recently and was lucky enough to be upgraded to a suite both times, which was fantastic. Extremely spacious and comfortable and with great views.

If I needed to hold a business meeting I would consider hiring a suite here as there is a small business meeting area off the sitting room with a decent size conference table, and the bedroom is separated altogether by a corridor. There is also a separate loo if you do have visitors, so they don't have to use the main bathroom.

The hotel is perfect if you need to have access to convenient transport links but it isn't so central for the tourist areas, it just depends on what you need.

The hotel staff have (with one exception) been excellent. The reception staff have been really welcoming and helpful with everything on both visits, and the girl who took my room service orders during the first week was also excellent - friendly, suggested menu options, had really good English etc. Unfortunately the man I spoke to on room service in the second week wasn't very helpful or friendly, I seemed to be bothering him.

Aside from that, room service is one of my only complaints about the hotel. Strangely they have a sushi menu and a pizza menu, both of which are ordered in from outside the hotel, and yet they also have room service from the cafeteria for which they don't provide a menu in the room. I only want a light meal in the evening - a salad or soup or similar, but they only have one salad on the room service menu, Chicken Caesar, which has fried, breaded chicken drenched in dressing. I'm sure they could do much better than that. I was there for two nights each week and it will put me off staying there again because I will need to go out of the hotel to get myself something to eat and take it back there. It just isn't good enough really.

Wifi cover was much better than I've experienced in other hotels in Barcelona and it is well located for the metro, suburban train and the shopping centre in the old bullring opposite.

The only other downside to this hotel is the cavernous breakfast room, which is fine if it's quiet, but if there are lots of people it is incredibly noisy and chaotic, and items aren't restocked quickly enough. If it isn't too busy, then they have a fairly extensive buffet with all the usual plus someone making omelettes to order.

Overall it's very good, particularly the service, and if they could improve the room service I would be inclined to rate them excellent, as I could forgive them for the breakfast area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank puffpuff

Dear Guest,

I do like to read that you enjoyed our large and recent renovated suites but what I really like the most are your comments regarding our staff!
Many thanks for your time and your nice comments and I truly hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I stayed in this hotel three days. Purpose of my visit was to see the match barcelona- real madrid. The hotel is in a wonderful position. Subway, taxi and bus station are opposite the hotel. Staff is committed to service and quality. The rooms have all the necessary equipment. had many opportunities near the hotel where you can spend time in the best way possible. The only problem you have to notes is very poor breakfast. Recommended for all types of travel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Anonnimus
Sitja, Director General at Catalonia Barcelona Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear guest,
Thanks you for your comment. We really appreciate, and hope to be able to welcome you again very soon.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Well - Thanks for Hotel Catalonia Barcelona Plaza - Our first marriage anniversay was quite nicely celebrated in Spain....Barcelona.....

Views --> The Roundabout (front facing of hotel) is of the most favroite landmarks in the citys with view of Mont. Monjuic, (one of the top favorite and must see tourtist attractions of Barcelona). The spot is just 5min and you can walk up from Hotel in morning or evening and has entire city views with great fountains...

Location --> Is Adjacent (actually Top) on Metro Station - Espanya, which means - you stay are junction of 3 Metros (I guess- L2, L3...pls check maps)..but amazing connectivity of Bus/Coach... Taxi avaliable 24*7 in reasonable rate in front of hotel (no need to cross road etc). I guess approx. 15-20 from airport..... and also 5min from Sants - Central Railway station in Barcelona. Arena -Shopping Mall is next building and you practially almost get everything there from fashion shopping to variety of restaurants....

Hotel is having Premiers and Delux rooms....we stayed in delux one...Good spacious with all facilities - TV, Clean, Hot n cold water and above all good room service.... Breakfast is very nice and welcoming staff....... Breakfast hall is quite big and dome shaped...gives a nice feeling....

Also a Gym, Spa and roof top swimming pool.....you will love that - especially during Summers :) .....2 Restaurants are avaliable within the hotel but other wise plenty of restaurants are avliable in next building i.e. Mall....

All in all - a value for money- great location - nice views - welcoming staff ! what else a Tourist need :)

cheers¬
Aniruddha

Room Tip: Well, while booking the room, on internet or phone, please tell, you need " Mont. Mojuic or Front Facing Rooms..." the views are nice and its really worth it... I guess they charge $10-15 extra but its worth.... All rooms are sort of quite away from lifts and less noisy ...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,
Thank you so much for sharing this extensive review!
I am happy to hear your nice comments about our staff as well as the convenient location of the hotel itself.
We will share your comments with our team as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience.
I really hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in town so we may show you the complete quality stay you deserve.
Best regards,