Condes De Barcelona
Sixtytwo Hotel(Barcelona)
  • Room Service
Hotel Claris(Barcelona)
1,658 results
All reviewsrooftop bargreat locationgaudi buildingsdesigner shopssagrada familiaexecutive roomtapashigh end shoppingcasa milatravel agentlarge bathroomexcellent hotelside streethop on hop off busmini barstreet noisemodern hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I will keep this brief. We stayed in the newer part of the hotel. The reception is small , there is no bar apart from the terrace which closed promptly at 2am, it gets busy with none residents.The bar in the older building I was told was not open in the summer therefore only the tarrace bar in the building was open.
I found the drinks and food expensive for an hotel that was clean but basic. I paid a fair price for my stay which was one of the cheapest I found for a similar type property. I would not return nor could I recommend.
The lifts in the newer building were a real nuisence

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Raimon S, Director General at Condes De Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Dear Gues, First of all we would like to thank you for choosing us for your stay in Barcelona. We work for the satisfaction of our guests so I feel deceived to know your stay and expectations were not completely fullfilled. We keep working and are constantly improving our services and facilites so I appreciate your comments. Despite everything hope you will have us a chance to demonstrate you our high standards . Best regards

Reviewed 18 July 2013

I don't know, perhaps I'm getting spoiled, but for me to give a hotel five stars, it has to have it all going for it. Condes De Barcelona pings on one of those attributes: can't beat the location. Other than that, I really have a hard time saying anything about the hotel was more than just average. Maybe I just got an old, needing refurbished, room. For example, the marble floors in the bathroom are stained. There was mold in the grouting in the tub (there is no walk-in shower in my room). The wood floors were worn, and needed refinishing. I also expect in a first class hotel simple things like an iron, and ironing board. I had to request one (was impossible to figure out how to call the front desk, so walked down), and even then, was a 45 minute wait. When I finally received the iron, it was encrusted with multiple layers of dirt, and the board was filthy.....was surprised they would give to a guest. On the plus side, in addition to the location, the king size bed was comfortable. I was really expecting more, but if all you want is a clean bed to lay down at night, and location is the most important factor for you, this would be the place. Oh, the rooftop bar does have great views, but I just wanted to pop in for a quick drink, but there was a long wait so I went somewhere else. The parking in the underground garage was a real adventure, but the charge was a reasonable 20 Euros a day (self parking only). Barcelona is a beautiful city, and when I return I'll be looking for something with a higher TripAdvisor ranking.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest, First of all we would like to thank you for choosing us for your stay in Barcelona. We work for the satisfaction of our guests so I feel deceived to know your stay and expectations were not completely fullfilled. I apologize for those details that did not keep up. We keep on working to improve so I appreciate your comments. Best regards

Reviewed 18 July 2013

This hotel has a great location, just a few blocks from Plaza Catalunya. There are metro stations just a few steps away and the red tourist buses called Barcelona City Tours stop half a block away, right on Passeig de Gracia. This street has many high fashion stores. The hotel staff are very very nice, especially Tomas from Argentina, who as always helpful and nice. The rooms are more on the modernist side, which suits the even the city, because Barcelona is a modern hip city. We stayed in room 751 and if there is one single thing to criticize is that this room is right below "Alaire" bar, which is on the roof. By the way, we were told that we could go to the roof and smoke a cigarette whenever we wanted, but the roof, as mentioned before, is a bar and you have to consume if you any to be there. This was told to me by an overly excited and a bit rude waiter. I don't have his name, but he has a small beard and glasses. There were other 3 waiters and they were ok but this guy was rude, only because I had a cup with crushed ice from an outside business. I end up giving it to him and ask him to throw it away, just to get him to be quiet and nice...

Room Tip: The high the better because this hotel has a very nice view. As mentioned, we stayed in room 751, which is basically on the top and that has a ver nice balcony with an amazing view from Passeig de Gracia.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest, First of all we would like to thank you for choosing us and for sharing your experience at Hotel Condes de Barcelona with other travellers. We work for the satisfaction of our guests so we are very happy to learn your were pleased with the hotel and enjoyed the services, the facilities and the location. I apologize for the little inconvenience at the rooftop bar and appreciate your comment to keep improving. Looking forward to welcoming you at Hotel Condes de Barcelona on your next trip to Barcelona. Best regards

Reviewed 15 July 2013

First impressions of this hotel were excellent. It’s on a wide, tree lined street (the most expensive street in Barcelona, and in fact the whole of Spain!!), and the check in was very smooth – we checked in at around midday, and even though we were early to check in at this time, our rooms were available straight away.

I was taken aback at just how nice the room was, especially considering we had got this break at a very competitive price through Jet2. The room was large and airy (we stayed in Paris recently where hotel rooms are like a shoe box!), and was really nicely furnished. Rooms have a large bathroom with an actual bath as well as shower. Rooms also have a mini bar. The bed was incredibly comfortable and we also had a small balcony.

The only downside to the room was that the guest could not control the air conditioning, and in all honesty, the air conditioning was not nearly powerful enough for Barcelona temperatures in July!

The location was great – as I’ve mentioned, on the most expensive street in Barcelona. Two of the Gaudi houses are only a minute away. We visited Casa Battlo which was incredible. Even though it’s an expensive area, it doesn’t take long to walk to other areas of interest, and places you can get a reasonably priced meal and drinks. We liked the Gothic Quarter which is about a 10/15 minute walk away, and also Avenida Gaudi which is a group of bars and restaurants that sits in the shadow of the Sagrada Familia and is a 15 minute walk away from the hotel. Although the hotel has it’s own restaurant (a Michelin star restaurant no less) we didn’t eat at the hotel, and didn’t have breakfast at the hotel either, so can’t comment on that.

The hotel is split into two buildings across the street from each other. The roof terrace bar which was located at the building across the road from us was lovely. It was a bit confusing though; there was also a bar on the roof of our building, the first night we tried to go up there, there was a sign saying it was closed for a private function. We thought fair enough and left it until the following night, when we went back and there was no sign so we thought we could have a drink there. Sat there for 5 minutes until a member of staff came and told us we had to book the area if we wanted to drink there!! As there was only one other table with people and the rest of it was empty, I’m not exactly sure what the situation is with that – maybe the hotel could make it a little clearer? It wasn’t a problem though as we just crossed the road and went to the roof terrace bar on the other side.

All in all we had a fantastic stay in Barcelona and in this hotel. The hotel has a really classy feeling to it, both in the common areas and in the room. It wasn’t perfect, but it wasn’t far off from being perfect.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Raimon S, Director General at Condes De Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Dear Guest, First of all we would like to thank you for choosing us and for sharing your experience at Hotel Condes de Barcelona with other travellers. We work for the satisfaction of our guests so it is very rewarding to learn you enjoyed the hotel services, the facilities and the location. I apologize for the misunderstanding at the rooftop bar as you do not have to book to have a drink. Hope to welcome you at Hotel Condes de Barcelona on your next trip to Barcelona. Best regards

Reviewed 14 July 2013

Stayed in this medium size hotel twice, good size rooms, comfortable with large windows. Great location for walking around as it is on one of the main avenues of Barcelona, the Passeig de Gracia, short walking distance to Plaza de Catalunya (where the airport bus stops) and two of Gaudi's buildings, the Casa Batlo and La Pedrera. Staff were friend and efficient. The roof top has a pool. Nice pace for an evening drink within view of the Gaudi Building.

Room Tip: There are two buildings. Stay in the more traditional building on the north side. It has bigger rooms and a better view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank KCL077

Dear Guest, First of all we would like to thank you for choosing us and for sharing your experience at Hotel Condes de Barcelona with other travellers. We work for the satisfaction of our guests so we are very happy to learn your were pleased with the hotel and enjoyed the services, the facilities and the location. Looking forward to welcoming you at Hotel Condes de Barcelona on your next trip to Barcelona. Best regards