I stayed there for one night before my cruise and went back for four additional nights after the cruise. Frankly, I booked the hotel because of good review and location. However, after I arrived at the hotel, I then realized that the hotel consists of two parts, just right across each other at the corner of Passeig de Gracia, the busy shopping street. If you look from Passeig de Gracia, the left-hand block of the hotel seems to be a better part of the hotel. Unfortunately, my room was in the right-hand block (where Restaurant Lasarte is) which did not offer me value for money.
The facilities in the block appear to be run-down. The phone does not work well. The TV signal is inconsistent. When asked, they said they were upgrading it to fibre from 18 to 20 Nov 2013.
The shower screen is a half glass. Water splash onto the marble floor and make it slippery. Tissue box is only loosely mounted on basin screen.
Owing to difference in air pressure, ceiling board will give a loud bang whenever the room door is opened or closed.
There is a long list of short-comings. So when you book into this hotel, please make sure what you will get. I suppose the other block gives you better facilities but you have to pay more.
Having said all the above, I will still recommend the hotel basing on the merit of its location, if location is important to you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HOTEL CONDES DE BARCELONA 4* is ideally located in a magnificent corner on Paseo de Gracia, in the heart of modernist Barcelona, opposite to the famous building "La Pedrera" of Gaudi, a few minutes from Plaza Catalunya and the historic city center. The hotel is housed in a former esplendid 19th century building, enlarged and renovated to create a modern Hotel with where art and uniqueness of the past cohexist with the most modern facilities. The accommodation has a range of 126 rooms of very contemporary style, bright and spacious to provide maximum comfort. Emblematic and socially dynamic, the hotel is a prestigious gastronomic reference, where our guest would enjoy the cuisine of the Basque chef Martin Berasategui at LOIDI RESTAURANT, modern and informal bistro. The hotel offers a wide range of function rooms for all kind of meeting and Events, outdoor pool and ALAIRE TERRACE BAR , one of the trendiest places in the city with spectacular views for casual outdoor dining or take a luxurious evening drink with good background music. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Agoda, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Condes De Barcelona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Condes De Barcelona Hotel Barcelona
- Condes De Hotel Barcelona
- Barcelona Condes De Hotel
- Hotel Condes De Barcelona
- Condes De Barcelona Catalonia