“Best Bet for your trip to Barcelona”

Condes De Barcelona
Ranked #146 of 520 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I stayed at Conde de Barcelona on the first leg of my trip to Spain followed by Paris. The location of the hotel is amazing, its walking distance from all the tourist attractions in Barcelona including La Rambla street. Best way to explore Barcelona on foot is to book yourself a room here.
Rooms are not to huge and breakfast is decent. Early check is easily accommodated.

Room Tip: Ask for a spacious room
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Raimon S, Director General at Condes De Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Guest, First of all we would like to thank you for choosing us for your stay in Barcelona and for sharing your experience with other travellers. We are very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and received a good service. Looking forward to welcoming you again at Hotel Condes de Barcelona in your next visit to Barcelona.
Hotel Condes de Barcelona

Write a ReviewReviews (1,644)

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Barcelona which was made all the more pleasant due to this wonderful hotel. The location can't be beat and the staff was extremely courteous. We highly recommend this delightful hotel.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the main hotel, not the annex across the street.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, First of all we would like to thank you for choosing us for your stay in Barcelona and for sharing your experience with other travellers. We work for the satisfaction of our guests so we are so pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and received a good service. Looking forward to welcoming you again at Hotel Condes de Barcelona in your next visit to Barcelona.

Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for NYE, and i know barcelona very well, one of the best locations to stay is paseo de gracia, full of shops, restaurants, ectr, we arrived at the hotel around 9pm, the taxi was about 30 euros from the airport to the hotel.
you have right across the hotel is paseo de gracia metro statio.
Location:
location! location! location!! this hotel is 10 min walk to plaza catalunya and la ramblas. the street next to the hotel (mallorca) and the one next to it la rambla de catalunya is one of my fav in barcelona! you will find amazing restaurants, bar just walking distance from the hotel (make sure you try la cerveseria catalana!!)
location is one of the best of the city!!
Rooms:
we got our 1 room in the main building of the hotel, the room was big and nice, the only problem was u was traveling with my parents and the extra bed was made for a child so they change us to another room at the other building across the street (same hotel) this rooms was a little but bigger, 1 floor facing the main street, pretty views to la pedrera,great insulation, i couldn't ear the outside noise!
de beds where amazing! very comfy, batroom was good, great massage shower perfect after a day of walking.
make sure you go up to the terrance!! spectaculars views to la pedrera, sagrada familia and torre agbar!
great service at front desk!
this for now on will be my hotel in barcelona, thats for sure!

Stayed: January 2014

Dear Patty, First of all we would like to thank you for choosing us for your stay in Barcelona and for sharing your experience with other travellers. We work for the satisfaction of our guests so we are so pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and your stay was enhanced.Hope to welcoming you again at Hotel Condes de Barcelona in your next visit to Barcelona.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Located between 2 significant sights of modernisme, the location of this hotel is superb. Also, this is the main upmarket shopping area. Easy walk to Las Ramblas. The hotel itself is very stylish and staff are most helpful. If you are a light sleeper you may be bothered by the metro which can be heard even on the fourth floor.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Best regards and Happy New Year 2014!

Reviewed 1 January 2014

This hotel is in a brilliant location in Barcelona, the rooms were clean, had everything I required for my stay, although I thought were slightly small, but this did not matter. The hotel is over two buildings with breakfast served in another one. When I arrived I checked in, and then was helped across to another building which had another reception. The building was lovely with lots of character. There was however a queue at this reception desk, but I was not sure how to get to my room, so I had to stand and wait my turn to then be advised where my room was located. I also had to ask where breakfast was served and at what times. I was told of two locations, the bar where I could get continental and then across the road. When I tried to get the continental breakfast in the morning, I was sent to the main breakfast room. This was not clear, and was not in the hotel building but the one next door. Breakfast was good and had excellent choice. Overall I liked the hotel I just found the moving around a little strange and not explained we'll to me. Having said this now I know I would use the hotel again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

DearMiss Sarah, , First of all we would like to thank you for choosing us for your stay in Barcelona and for sharing your experience with other travellers. We are very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us. and received a good service despite the moovin around between the 2 buldings. This normally happens in a very smooth pace but I would like to apologize for the inconveniences and some of the consusion caused.. Looking forward to welcoming you again at Hotel Condes de Barcelona in your next visit to Barcelona.

Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

Second time we have stayed here. Very helpful staff and friendly. Excellent location. Good breakfast. Love the roof bar even if they messed up our bill. The room had a lovely view down the passage De gracia. The blend of old with new was cleverly done. Lovely ambiance Will be back. J McKenzie

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Janice First of all we would like to thank you for choosing us again for your stay in Barcelona and for sharing your experience with other travellers. We are very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us, and received a good service. Looking forward to welcoming you again at Hotel Condes de Barcelona in a near future.

Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

We spent four nights here at the end of a river cruise. The room and the bed were fine, (we were in the new section) the breakfast excellent, but the most striking thing was the service. The gentleman at the front desk (unfortunately I did not get his name) went above and beyond to try to help me with checking in for a flight when the airline's website did not work. I would stay here again!

Dear Scott, First of all we would like to thank you for choosing us for your stay in Barcelona and for sharing your experience with other travellers. We work for the satisfaction of our guests so we are very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and received a good service from our team. Hope to welcoming you again at Hotel Condes de Barcelona in your next visit to Barcelona.