“Great Hotel and Location”

Le Meridien Barcelona
Ranked #120 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
New York
“Great Hotel and Location”
Reviewed 14 June 2013

This is a Starwood property which is key for my business travel. I found the hotel excellent and in a great location. La Rambla. Very convenient to the waterfront, World Trade Center, and near the large open food market. The staff invited me (and others) to a lunchtime reception/ Paella cooking class which was a unique experience and lovely gesture. The staff was friendly and extremely helpful - even helping to remove the handle on my suitcase after it had been broken by the airline.

Room Tip: My room was a delux King
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
maripac, General Manager at Le Meridien Barcelona, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Dear leh569,

I see you joined us and discovered the secret behind one of Spain's signature dishes during our "Paella with the General Manager" events. I am glad you enjoyed it.

And I am also pleased to see we were able to assist with the suitcase!

As you recommend us for leisure and business, I hope we will be able to welcome you again in the future.

Best regards and hopefully until soon,

Elisa Barral

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York
Reviewed 13 June 2013

We stayed here on a Tauck Tour of Spain at the end of May and the hotel location was great. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Our room included the breakfast buffet which was average fare that can be found at most of the hotels we stayed at. The breakfast food was very fresh but quite expensive if we were guests staying there and not on a tour.

The reason that I gave only 3 stars is because our room was very dingy and disappointing and had an awful view. We were lucky though since being near Las Ramblas, it could have been very noisy. If you are a Starwood Platinum Guest you would most likely do much better getting a nicer room and it would be worth staying there since the staff was wonderful and it was very clean.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shoelady702
maripac, General Manager at Le Meridien Barcelona, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
Greetings from Le Méridien Barcelona,

Thank you very much forthe lovely comments about our associates, indeed our biggest asst and what we are most proud of. I will definitey share them with the team.

I am also sorry to read that you the room you stayed in seems not to have fulfilled your expectations. Please apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced.

And please do not hesitate to contact us prior to your arrival shoul you be able to come back in the future. We will do our best to make your stay as wonderful as possible.

Los Angeles
Reviewed 11 June 2013

This hotel was really very nice. The room was great, not overly large, but really sufficient, with enough amenities. We did not have the hotel breakfast, as that was pretty pricey, but the hotel is two blocks from the Boqueria market, and we ate there. That was fun. The location is excellent. There is a dedicated concierge - not just the desk clerk. They were reasonably good, though like other big city hotel concierges, they didn't really understand what kind of restaurants we were looking for. I think we would go back to this hotel, next time we're in Barcelona.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
maripac, General Manager at Le Meridien Barcelona, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
Dear LA12345,

thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at Le Méridien Barcelona with fellow travelers.

I agree that eating at La Boquería is good fun. One of my favorites, although there are many I love, is Pinocho. It has a dish with baby white beans and squid that is delicious.

I am sorry to read that you seem to have experienced some communication glitches with our concierge team, related to the style of restaurant you were looking for, Should you come back, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will work on restaurant recommendations for you.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I've been to Barcelona before, so I knew where I wanted stay. Therefore, the fantastic location of this hotel wasn't a surprise - it's literally on Las Ramblas and about 50m from Plaza de Catlunya.

I never ate in the hotel, though I did have a coffee (free because I didn't ask for fresh towels every day! - I saved the environment ant a few euros!) in the lobby cafe - it was pleasant enough.

The room was exceptionally comfortable and cleaned to a very high standard daily.

My only downer was that as Scuba Diver I asked the concierge about diving opportunities around Barcelona and was told that the only place you could dive was the city's aquarium. In fact, there are a number of city based dive companies who will pick you up at your hotel and drive you 40 minutes up the coast for some quality diving.

In short, I'd go back.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Frewba
Dear Frewba,

I am very happy about your review in general, but especially about the fact that you participated in our Make a Green Choice Program. We are highly committed to this initiative and love to see our guests embracing it and joining us in making a small gesture towards being more sustainable. The more we are and the more "small gestures " we make, the bigger our contribution will be.

In regards to scuba diving options, I have forward your suggestions to our concierge team, as they are of great help for future inquiries. Thank you very much.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2013

My wife and I stayed at Le Meridien during a business trip in late May. The location was ideal for a combination of work and tourism, and the quality of hotel was dictated by corporate preferences rather than personal.
Having said that, as a comfortable base for touring the city and for getting to meetings around town, it worked very well indeed. Many of these hotels simply fade into the background, and on many counts the Meridien did too. It had the requisite bar and breakfast room, the courteous staff, the full range of services, as so many other do.
But where it excelled beyond expectations was in the single most important thing a hotel can do for you - let you sleep, and sleep well! Our room overlooked the Ramblas, so we were concerned about noise. But in the event there was nary a peep through the double-glazed windows. And the bed itself was a thing of beauty: I'm no expert in what an ideal bed should be, how soft or hard, but the ones in the Meridien were perfect. And you can't ask for more than a good night's rest after a hard day's work!
One small observation was that the pool wasn't really a pool at all, more a plunge box, so don't go expecting to get your daily laps....

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
maripac, General Manager at Le Meridien Barcelona, responded to this review, 12 June 2013
Greetings from Le Méridien Barcelona,

I am very happy to see that not only you liked our hotel and its services, but that you were especially happy with our beds. I am are sure that the bed added to your good time in beautiful Barcelona.

Should you be back in the future, please do not hesitate to let us know if we can be of any assistance prior to your arrival and of course, during your stay with us.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We loved our stay at Le Meridien. Right on las Ramblas, could walk them up and down from there, so close to the Mercat de la Boqueria, restaurants, could walk up to Casa Batllo, and La Pedrera, down to the coast. Or you could walk to Plaza Catalunya and take a double decker tour from there. Breakfast was outstanding, so was service.
Staff were great to my kids. We arrived in the morning, before our rooms were ready. My teenage son had a fever and was feeling very ill. They let him go inside a party area that they were getting ready for an event later that night and let him sleep in one of the couches, away from the busy hotel lobby. We actually left him there and picked him up a couple hours later.
Would highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Elisa B, General Manager at Le Meridien Barcelona, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Greetings from Le Méridien Barcelona.

Thank you for sharing your opinion with us.
We agree that our location is prime for guests looking to explore the city, which is very rich in cultural offerings for all ages.
I am very happy to see that you felt at home with your family at our hotel and hope you will be coming back, next time with your son fully recovered an ready to enjoy Barcelona 100%.

Antwerp
Reviewed 9 June 2013

For the second time this year we stayed at the Meridien. Rooms are either small and we missed a bath but there's a large rain shower and the bed is very convenient .
Two years ago we received a large room with view on the street. Despite our Gold status we didn't receive any recognition, no extra drink, no Wifi or extra points.
In february the room wasn't clean, in june the fitting was O.K.
Breakfast is extensive and very good.
The concierge is really excellent, all the time: very efficient and compliant.
We really enjoy to stay in the Meridien but we miss some details for the price we have to pay.
The location is the top but we miss a feeling of hospitality.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
maripac, Manager at Le Meridien Barcelona, responded to this review, 12 June 2013
Greetings from Le Méridien Barceona,

I am very happy to read you positive comments about our location and especially our concierge service. It makes me very proud to see that our associates consistently offer a new perspective on the city's cultural aspects.

But I am also very sorry to read that there seems to have been a misunderstanding in regards to your SPG membership benefits. I have shared your comment with my team in order to reinforce the importance of recognizing our valued members and repeat customers.

I truly hope we will have the opportunity to welcoming you again in the future and ensure we meet your expectations.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any assistance prior to your next visit.