“Perfect for our needs”

Ranked #115 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Anahola, Hawaii
“Perfect for our needs”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We had only two days for a return visit to Barcelona before a boarding our ship for a cruise from that city. Le Meridean was a perfect choice. Well located, with beautiful, comfortable rooms and courteous staff

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
LMHotel, General Manager at Le Meridien Barcelona, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Paul,

I am glad to read that you chose us for your stop in Barcelona during your cruise experience. And that you liked it!

Maybe we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon?

Elisa Barral

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (440)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I had stayed at the Le Meridien in Paris and vouched I would never stay at a Le Meridien again. Fast forward to the W in Barcelona being sold out and Le Meridien was the other Starwood choice in the city. I was a bit reluctant but wanted my points :) The room I was given was on the 5th floor and had it's own private outdoor terrace. I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the room and the outdoor space. The room wasn't so bad after all.

I returned a few months later and was in a smaller room as the former room was not available. you do notice the age of the hotel a bit and the standard-ness of the room features. There are a number of hotels in Barcelona that are better but the price here is always reasonable.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
LMHotel, General Manager at Le Meridien Barcelona, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Greetings from the heart of Barcelona,

thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with the fellow travel community.

I am glad to read that you especially liked the first room you stayed at, although I am at the same time sad to know that you were not as happy with the second room.

Please do not hesitate to contact us directly to share your recommendations on how we could have made your stay even better!

Washington, DC
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Our flight landed in Barcelona early. My husband and I were both jet-lagged, and with me being in the first trimester of my pregnancy, I was exhausted and slightly sick. The staff did everything they could to get us into a room early, and when our suite wasn't ready; they let us crash in a hospitality room for a few hours to get in a nap.

The room itself was spacious, the location was fantastic, and the breakfast was delicious.

My only complaint is that this is a common before/after cruise hotel, and they seemed completely overwhelmed with the influx of guests on Saturday mornings/afternoons (pre-cruise guests) and Sunday afternoons (post-cruise guests). You'd think they'd expect this and be able to better handle the large groups. My suggestion would be that if you're getting on/off a cruise, grab some lunch first and stop by the front desk an hour after the mad rush.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

thank you very much for sharing your experience with the travel community!
I am glad we were able to offer you a hospitality room whilst we were preparing your suite.

It can be tricky at times during high season, but we always do our best to offer our guest their room as quickly as possible.

Thank you as well for your comments in regards to groups arrivals. I will share them with the team in order to review what we could do to improve the process.

I truly hope we will be welcoming you again in the future. Who knows, maybe with the little one?

Mongolia
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Business hotel trying to be "hip" in a great location. Room clean, small, with poor view. Roof terrace tiny with no service. Reception always very busy with people checking in and out. Felt very impersonal. Better options in Barcelona in the same area are definitely available.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Drafiki
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 August 2014

It was an interesting experience because they were very reluctant to provide the service they should until you get upset, then they go overboard to provide what you requested. I guess they did not want to take responsibility until you called them on it and then they were happy to oblige. It started right from the beginning when i arrived at 11am and they told me check in was not until 3pm. We stowed our bags and left to explore the city. We came back at 3:30pm and they told me check in was not until 4:00pm. I checked there website and it was 3:00pm! i had to call out the person who initially told me 3pm then we all agreed it was 3pm and they apologized?? They continually screwed up from that point on from check in time, to cleanliness of the room, to honoring SPG membership, to not doing what they said they would on room charges. They fixed everything but their first reaction was denial or act like there is no problem. I would have to call them on it and get the person responsible in front of me and then they would fix it. I tip well so the staff was taking care of me, but who wants to continually have to ask them to provide normal service. I travel a lot and have never experienced anything like this before. I was on vacation trying to enjoy time with my family and shied away from the hotel as much as possible. Barcelona is a beautiful city! You will spend 1/2 day in this area. Eat lunch at the market!! Amazing! There are no good dinner options in the area.

Room Tip: Barcelona is spread out all over the place. You will only spend 1/2 day in this area.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Hokie42
LMHotel, General Manager at Le Meridien Barcelona, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear guest,

I am very sorry to read your review.

Please allow me to assure you that customer service is one of our utmost priorities and at no time would we want to say no to a guest's inquiry.

Unfortunately the impression you seem to have gotten is not in line with our service promise and I apologize for this.
I truly hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you again so we can gain back your confidence in us.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 12 August 2014

First of all the location - at the middle of the Ramblas but on the side - so you do not hear the noise at night.
The hotel is modern , very clean, big rooms and big bathroom ( good surprise for European hotels )
Amazing sleeping quality - the bed was too comfortable !!!
The service was more than good - they just make you feel at home.
the next time i come to Barcelona is only for this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This Meridian is a nice hotel on the inside but would be so much a better hotel if it was somewhere other than the Ramblas. The location is noisy down on the street, touristy and maybe not the safest, with all the back and forth endless crowds descending on the Ramblas nearly 24/7. People constantly warn about pickpockets in the area surrounding the hotel, and a couple with us had a nearly bad experience nearby. The rooms are nice but not over generous in size. With so many great hotels in Barcelona to chose from, located north of this area in different districts, I do not want to return here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple