We spent three nights at this hotel, starting on May 24th, in room 206. The positives were as follows: 1) we arrived at about 13:00 and were able to check in immediately; 2) our room, despite fronting on Los Rambles, was very quite and stylish; 3) the hotel has as excellent business center with free internet connections; 4) the location is probably what every tourist is looking for in that the historic district, the waterfront, and the big department stores are all within easy walking distance.
I found the rooms and the gym both to be on the small side for a five star hotel and while the shower, as reported, was nice I would have preferred, and I note their was room for, a tub and shower in the bathroom. My big problem with the hotel was breakfast which I found simply bad. We actually cancelled part of our order the one day we ate in the hotel. As I was not on a plan that included breakfast this was not much of a problem as one can walk 50 yards in any direction and find a cafe where for 6 or 7 euros one can have a wonderful breakfast.
The bed was fine as was the lighting in the room and i have to say once again that I was impressed how quite the room was given that we had windows on Los Rambles. While I am not sure I would stay in this part of town were I to return to Barcelona I would recommend the hotel to anyone going to Barcelona as a tourist who does want to stay in the "old town". I would also recommend Attic right across the street as a place to dine and second the suggestion elsewhere that if one wants to pick up snacks at the Carrfors store just about 40 yards to the north on Los Rambles.
I found the staff helpful and when I question a room service charge they removed it from my bill. Checking out when as quickly as the check in and cabs to the airport were immediately available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly positioned for discovering the rich artistic heritage represented by Barcelona's museums, music and architecture, Le Meridien Barcelona is a five star hotel located on the city's most famous street, Las Ramblas. With examples of Gaudi's architecture, the Liceo opera house, MACBA and the Gothic Quarter, all main attractions within walking distance, guests can immerse themselves in local culture. Throughout the hotel art and architectural detailing catch the eye. In the central lobby is Le Meridien's HUB, a perfect place to rendezvous with friends and family. Furnished with contemporary designer pieces and decorated with specially curated art installations. The Hub is a great place to meet and offers a stimulating and fascinating environment. Each of the 231 rooms and suites combines comfortable living with art and design elements, including original works by contemporary local artists. Sublimely comfortable Le Meridien furnishings and multiple entertainment options ensure a relaxed stay. The Longitude 02º 10' Bar in the HUB is the place to enjoy a delicious Illy coffee, fresh cakes or a glass of wine or cava. Alternatively, CentOnze Restaurant offers great views of Las Ramblas along with the gastronomic creations of Chef Eugeni Cortes who reinterprets local cuisine using fresh ingredients sourced from the nearby Boqueria Market. Le Pop Cocktail Bar stimulates your senses with an exciting blend of cocktails, music and vintage savoir vivre with a modern twist. Located on the sixth floor of the hotel, the Explore Spa Studio is a blissful oasis of relaxation offering treatments and therapies based on renowned French Cinq Mondes beauty products. Open to both guests and members of the public who, in consultation with a beauty therapist, can choose from a range of offerings designed to aid skin rejuvenation and promote personal wellbeing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, LoveHolidays, Starwood EMEA, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Meridien Barcelona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Barcelona Hotel Barcelona
- Barcelona Le Meridien
- Meridien Barcelona
- Le Meridien Barcelona Catalonia