“I've stayed in better Travelodges” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Abbot

Hotel Abbot
Ranked #467 of 522 Hotels in Barcelona
London, United Kingdom
“I've stayed in better Travelodges”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I'm very surprised that this hotel has managed to get 4 stars. My sister and I stayed there for three nights and I'd never been HAPPY to leave a hotel! Worst thing first, more than once we woke up to discover the door to our room had been opened in our sleep, we though we mus not had pulled it too proeprly but the way the door was that couldn't happen - was was often open and inch or so in the mroning. On our last day there I even woke up to find the door was wide open, not just by an inch. No one ever knocked on our door so we had no idea if it was the cleaner or someone creeping into our room.
Said room was tiny and we were given one bed, despite booking a room with two and once again requesting two when we arrived (they hadn't allocated us a room). The lobby is lovely, I'll give them that, and the first staff memeber we dealt with was weet and helpful. However, once we stepped into our room we were both so dissappointed. There were marks and scratches all the way up and down the walls - not just long the bottom where it looked like hunderes of suitcases had been scrapped on it. The headboard was glued (?) the the wall and where it had come away it took a few good chunks of paint with it, there were also drill holes all over the floor and patches of rush in the bath. We had to call the desk as soon as we got in because we had one towl and the safe battery had run out. They did send soemone up to look at it but he ended up `fixing` it then it stopped working all together and breaking it. When I went to complain about this the staff member who broke the safe was rude and intimidating. He shrugged at me and gave me dirty looks and said `So? It's broken`. I tried to explain how this wasn't good and were weren't happy, all I got was another shrug and was told we could leave our valubles with him. He stared at me and just kept shrugging until I felt so uncomfortable I just went back to the room.
My sister and I spent as little time as possible in our room. It's a good place to sleep and that's about it.

Room Tip: Ask for an extra room key so you can keey the AC running whilst you're out
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
Essex, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

I took my boyfriend away for his 30thbirthday for 3 nights and stayed in this hotel. It looked very posh and upmarket from the outside and not to terrible on the inside. Unfortunately the greeting we had was a little sour by one of the female receptionist, we did arrive around 10.30 at night and as we hadn’t eaten we asked the receptionist to tell us any local restaurants with no enthusiasm she just sent us on the metro. (which we decided not to attempt as all-round the back streets there where little pizzerias at decent prises) the following day a lovely male receptionist helped us out with all our questions regarding the best shopping centres the best ways to travel how to get there etc really nice man. the breakfast wasn’t too bad, I have had continental in the past and I enjoyed this a lot more make sure you fill up as the second you set foot in a tourist area the prises for anything and everything triples. In all regarding the hotel it had its pros and cons its right near the metro which we used continuously its 10 minutes’ walk from a shopping centre there are loads of corner shops and little cafes. The only thing I disliked was the rock hard mattress the teeny tiny shower and the one lady who was abit snotty, but if you can get this place at the right price I would take it. Ohhh….. ive noticed that no one has commented on this but there’s a Guarded Prison sitting behind the hotel. Didn’t give us any bother what so ever but when I looked out my window I was a little surprised.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel during Mobile World Congress a week ago. Aside from the location which is conviently located between two metro stations, there is nothing positive to report back: uncomfortable rooms, extremely dated and beat up bath rooms and broken fixtures, no hot water in the morning rush hours, on one occasion no water at all in the morning! The walls were so thin that I actually heard the mobile phone of the person next door buzzing in the morning (the sound was so clear that initially I thought it was my phone that was buzzing). I travel quite often and I am used to varying degrees of service and comfort. This hotel is in a different class however. It should be thought of as barely a three star hotel, unless they are charging you 50 euros a night. Then its worth it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank MouWa

Travellers are raving about these Barcelona hotels

Braintree, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Pros
Very comfortable bed. Good linen. Well cleaned. Helpful and friendly staff.
Good position to walk anywhere if you are feeling energetic or very handy for Sants station if you want to use train or metro. Very good value for money from Travel republic.

Cons
Road noisy and air conditioning not good (in my room). Breakfasts not much choice and water for tea horrible, but overall for Spain, not too bad. Also the water from the taps had an odd chemical smell - couldn't have been too bad as I only have to look at something sideways to get an allergic reaction and didn't, but having said that would not want to drink it.

Would I stay again? Yes

Room Tip: Higher floors are a little quieter.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Straveller75
Linlithgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

Excellent location just across from Sants Railway Station. This station is just 3 stops from the airport. I went to Barca for football and walked to the Nou Camp from the hotel in around 20 minutes. As for the hotel the staff were very good and the room facilities were typical 4 star hotel standard.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bernie R
Barcelona, Spain
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Today my mums bag was stolen in Barceloneta on a bench on the promenade, as we were relaxing enjoying our time on the beach my mums bag was beside her very close but we did not think to make sure it was near to us. Furthermore one guy from Morocco approached us on his black pushbike and asked an idiotic question and spoke very poor spanish to distract us as we also had a bike and he asked it is a private bike whilst another guy came round the back but we didn't see him as our attention was drawn toward him. We found out because a woman shouted "the bag", we didn't clock on as it happened within seconds; I tried to chase after him, screaming to raise awareness but he was far gone on his bike so it was impossible. He had brown short hair, pale face not very tall, all dressed in black. Afterwards when I was able to think straight I realised it was the same guy who done it to me in September last year, so it is obvious that he is still doing it, exactly the same asked me a question where is port olimpic; I thought it was suspicious, however I did not realise for quite some time that my bag had been stolen. The way they operate is one comes round the front to ask you a question to distract whilst the other comes round the back they always work in twos majority of the time so please be aware to avoid it happening again. One of the main reasons I am writing this review is I don't want them to win and have the pleasure of having it so easy to steal one belongings, so please do not be an easy target. We rang the police who came to late and they weren't very helpful about what happened at all and all the thief's get is a fine which is unacceptable. In Saudi Arabia if the theif's are caught they get their hands chopped off. So there you have it

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank NataliaG1989
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Staying in Barcelona is not cheap, but this place was great value for money. We had a room on the corner on the 4th floor and it was a large room with good aircon it was perfect for our needs. There was a supermarket accross the road which was handy! Breakfast was included in the price which was decent and filling. Stay here if u want a decent Sleep, good location and for sightseeing around town.

• Stayed July 2013