“Stars should be removed”
Review of Hotel Abbot

Hotel Abbot
Ranked #447 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The only thing half new in this hotel is the lobby. The staff at the front desk is nice and the breakfast is ok (not more than ok). The rest sucks. The air conditioning is non existing and the cleaning lady sometimes gives u new towels and sometimes not. The same thing goes with soap etc.

The terrass is a joke and does not look at all like on the pics on the homepage. The furniture and the beds are old.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Abbot

Reviewed 24 June 2014

On arrival we were pleasantly surprised, since the hotel is located within a five minute walk of Barcelona Sants station and the room looked clean and pleasant. However it didn't take long for us to realise the problems: the air conditioning wasn't fit for service (I spent the final two nights of the trip sleeping under a wet towel) and the bed was so noisy it prevented us from sleeping.

I'd recommend trying elsewhere I'm afraid, especially in summer with the sub-standard air con.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael S
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I'm very surprised that this hotel has managed to get 4 stars. My sister and I stayed there for three nights and I'd never been HAPPY to leave a hotel! Worst thing first, more than once we woke up to discover the door to our room had been opened in our sleep, we though we mus not had pulled it too proeprly but the way the door was that couldn't happen - was was often open and inch or so in the mroning. On our last day there I even woke up to find the door was wide open, not just by an inch. No one ever knocked on our door so we had no idea if it was the cleaner or someone creeping into our room.
Said room was tiny and we were given one bed, despite booking a room with two and once again requesting two when we arrived (they hadn't allocated us a room). The lobby is lovely, I'll give them that, and the first staff memeber we dealt with was weet and helpful. However, once we stepped into our room we were both so dissappointed. There were marks and scratches all the way up and down the walls - not just long the bottom where it looked like hunderes of suitcases had been scrapped on it. The headboard was glued (?) the the wall and where it had come away it took a few good chunks of paint with it, there were also drill holes all over the floor and patches of rush in the bath. We had to call the desk as soon as we got in because we had one towl and the safe battery had run out. They did send soemone up to look at it but he ended up `fixing` it then it stopped working all together and breaking it. When I went to complain about this the staff member who broke the safe was rude and intimidating. He shrugged at me and gave me dirty looks and said `So? It's broken`. I tried to explain how this wasn't good and were weren't happy, all I got was another shrug and was told we could leave our valubles with him. He stared at me and just kept shrugging until I felt so uncomfortable I just went back to the room.
My sister and I spent as little time as possible in our room. It's a good place to sleep and that's about it.

Room Tip: Ask for an extra room key so you can keey the AC running whilst you're out
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

I took my boyfriend away for his 30thbirthday for 3 nights and stayed in this hotel. It looked very posh and upmarket from the outside and not to terrible on the inside. Unfortunately the greeting we had was a little sour by one of the female receptionist, we did arrive around 10.30 at night and as we hadn’t eaten we asked the receptionist to tell us any local restaurants with no enthusiasm she just sent us on the metro. (which we decided not to attempt as all-round the back streets there where little pizzerias at decent prises) the following day a lovely male receptionist helped us out with all our questions regarding the best shopping centres the best ways to travel how to get there etc really nice man. the breakfast wasn’t too bad, I have had continental in the past and I enjoyed this a lot more make sure you fill up as the second you set foot in a tourist area the prises for anything and everything triples. In all regarding the hotel it had its pros and cons its right near the metro which we used continuously its 10 minutes’ walk from a shopping centre there are loads of corner shops and little cafes. The only thing I disliked was the rock hard mattress the teeny tiny shower and the one lady who was abit snotty, but if you can get this place at the right price I would take it. Ohhh….. ive noticed that no one has commented on this but there’s a Guarded Prison sitting behind the hotel. Didn’t give us any bother what so ever but when I looked out my window I was a little surprised.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel during Mobile World Congress a week ago. Aside from the location which is conviently located between two metro stations, there is nothing positive to report back: uncomfortable rooms, extremely dated and beat up bath rooms and broken fixtures, no hot water in the morning rush hours, on one occasion no water at all in the morning! The walls were so thin that I actually heard the mobile phone of the person next door buzzing in the morning (the sound was so clear that initially I thought it was my phone that was buzzing). I travel quite often and I am used to varying degrees of service and comfort. This hotel is in a different class however. It should be thought of as barely a three star hotel, unless they are charging you 50 euros a night. Then its worth it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank MouWa
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Pros
Very comfortable bed. Good linen. Well cleaned. Helpful and friendly staff.
Good position to walk anywhere if you are feeling energetic or very handy for Sants station if you want to use train or metro. Very good value for money from Travel republic.

Cons
Road noisy and air conditioning not good (in my room). Breakfasts not much choice and water for tea horrible, but overall for Spain, not too bad. Also the water from the taps had an odd chemical smell - couldn't have been too bad as I only have to look at something sideways to get an allergic reaction and didn't, but having said that would not want to drink it.

Would I stay again? Yes

Room Tip: Higher floors are a little quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Straveller75
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Excellent location just across from Sants Railway Station. This station is just 3 stops from the airport. I went to Barca for football and walked to the Nou Camp from the hotel in around 20 minutes. As for the hotel the staff were very good and the room facilities were typical 4 star hotel standard.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo