“Great stay”
Review of Hotel Glories

Hotel Glories
Ranked #283 of 518 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Just want to say this hotel is great all very clean and the staff were very helpfull the woman on the desk was very much helpfull please pass on my regards I will defo stay here next time im in Barcelona I did not have breakfast. All very central for what I was looking for well done

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank gayscottie
Recepción H, Director de Recepción at Hotel Glories, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Hola Gayscottie,

Thank you very much for your comments.

Is marvelous for us when we receive comments like yours because we try to be helpful, attentive and complaisant with all our guests.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

A three-night visit in November, so not many guests around. Friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms. We didn't take breakfasts as we wanted to try different food on the way to museums. Location very good, though morning traffic is quite intense.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mat M

Hola Mat M ,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
It was particularly pleasant to know you had a good impression of our staff. Our guests satisfaction is the most important for us!

We will be very looking forward to welcoming you!

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Hotel Glories is a nice 3 star hotel, at a fair price. The location is quite good, closed to metro station (5 minutes walk) and city center. It is at a short walk from Sagrada Familia. Breakfast was quite good. Staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Gagyi L
Recepción H, Director de Recepción at Hotel Glories, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Hola Gagyi L,

Thank you very much for your comment! We are very grateful!

Is marvelous for us when we receive comments like yours because we try to be helpful and complaisant with all our guests.

We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Front Office Manages

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Helpful staff and the breakfast is ok. The hotel has a good location and is really worth the money.
It is close to Sagrada de familia and just five minutes walk to the subway. On saturdays there is a gigantic market near the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ingela M

Hola Ingela M ,

Thank you very much for your kind words about our services during your stay at the hotel.
We are glad to know that you had a very pleasant stay in our city.

We hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

This is a nice hotel, quite comfortably located. It is equally close to 2 metro stations, which lie on different lines (red and purple, if I remember correctly). Sagrada Familia is in two steps and the city center is also not far. The area around Monumental is already interesting enough, I liked just to walk around. There are caffees in the area and a supermarket is the next door, so I could get something to bite.
The hotel room was quite basic but it had everything necessary for a short stay (I stayed for 2,5 days). The only thing that I disliked was that I've got the room looking into an inner yard, which more resembles a well and I had a feeling that there was no fresh air there. Also it was hard to guess what is the weather, because no piece of the sky could be seen from there. However, the room was relatively silent.
The hotel staff is very friendly. So I would recommend this hotel if you're not looking for something exceptional.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank EkaSGermany

Hola EkaSGermany ,

Thank you for sharing your point of view about Hotel Glories with other Tripadvisor readers.

Metro lines you say are correct. Red (line 1) and purple (line 2).

We have 67 rooms and, as I think is understandable not all of them are placed on the same floor or facing the same part of the building. Some of them face the street, some of them face an iiner patio of the building but ee always offer to change rooms when the client does not agree for any reason with which we assigned, but sometimes our availability does not allow, please apologize if this is the case.

You are very kind of mentioning our staff and thank you for recommending our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you soon again at Hotel Glories!

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I booked a reservation to stay in this hotel in for 10 days very recently ( Oct. 4-14 ). After seeing 2 rooms, I decided to leave as soon as possible. The bathroom of the first room ( 2nd flr.) was not very clean and the room had no drawers, cypboards, or shelves to put clothing and toiletry items. The bedspread was kind of a khaki colour and did not appear very clean. The second rm. they showed me ( at my request) on the 5th floor, appeared much the same. Only one glass cup was provided.. The bed in both rooms was more like a single , than in any of their ads. As far as I could tell, most of the info. in their ads is misleading. I could not keep the window open because of the traffic noise oputside . When I went for a short walk to find a restaurant, there were few restaurants and I did not feel very safe in the neighbourhood. Also, did not see a Metro station close to the hotel. The WiFi service in the room was sporadic. The make receptionist was not very helpful and did not seem very interested in my concerns ( the female receptionist the next morning was much nicer ) I quickly contacted my travel agent back in Canada and requested her assistance in finding alternate accommodation. I left the next morning. I would not return to this hotel ( whish was more like a 2 star than a 3 star ), and would not recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Don't stay here !
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Recepción H, Director de Recepción at Hotel Glories, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Hola Micki L.

We are sorry to learn that your recent stay at our hotel did not meet your high expectations.

Guests are the lifeblood of our hotel and the bottom line for all our efforts is our guests' satisfaction. We will discuss the different issues proffered in your comment during our next internal meeting and will spare no effort to eradicate possible flaws in an attempt to enhance our guests' experience.

We do hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion, we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Very happy with our stay at Hotel Glories, easy to get to from Monumantal metro station if you take the time before travelling to study a street map for 5 minutes. Ok, decor in rooms isn't up to latest styles and fashion but it isn't as bad as some might lead you to believe, the rooms are extremely clean and well kept, the use of the safe is included in the room price where others can and do charge for this service. All the staff we had contact with were extremely helpful and I would have no hesitation in staying at the Hotel Glories again if travelling to Barcelona.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Hola Dode_Balf,

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking your time in making such a detailed review of your stay at Hotel Glòries.
We are really happy when one of our guest tell us "I would have no hesitation in staying at the Hotel Glories again if travelling to Barcelona".

Thank you very much for your visit and your reviews

Best regards