My girlfriend and I had originally planned a trip to the Universal Hotel in March but were unable to travel. We were able to rebook our flights for Easter weekend but on checking the hotels website the rooms were more expensive than the weekend we had originally booked for. After emailing the hotel to explain our circumstances they were very accommodating and honoured the rate that we had agreed for our initial trip. This was fantastic as it cost quite a bit to get the flights changed and would not have been feasible to pay more for the hotel. On arriving at the hotel we were amazed at how close it was to the metro station, literally right outside the door. The hotel itself is very modern inside, clean, cool and professional. Our room was very well laid out and the little touches such as a shaving kit and dental kit showed that a lot of thought went into the service provided. The rooftop pool was amazing and the view from the roof is just something else, we could have spent a day up there quite easily. We didn't eat in the hotel as we wanted to experience authentic Barcelona food so cannot comment on the food but we had a few drinks in the bar each night before going out and it is 5 star. One thing that summed up the Universal Hotel was when I approached reception as I was having trouble printing tickets that I had pre booked for the Camp Nou Experience (no need to pre book as they have to be printed out at cash machines that don't work. Just buy tickets at the stadium itself). The man at reception let me log onto my emails to print out the confirmation, he even phoned up the ticket providers to try and sort things out. In the end we were able to get tickets at the stadium using the email confirmation and it just shows that the staff really do go the extra mile. I would really recommend this hotel for anyone travelling to Barcelona as it is great value and anyone that stays will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically located just a five-minute walk from Las Ramblas, Hotel Barcelona Universal grants its guests easy access to all parts of the city. Metro lines 2 and 3 stop just outside the main entrance, at “Paral·lel,” and nearby buses can take you to the beaches of Barcelona, Park Güell, and anywhere in between. A stroll from our hotel near Las Ramblas will take you to some of Barcelona’s favorite tourist attractions.Hotel opened in 2001 and renewed in 2011.Hotel Barcelona Universal has 167 rooms, each equipped with free Wi-Fi Internet. Three “Barcelona Skyline Suites” feature a Jacuzzi and private terrace. Families and larger groups may be accommodated in triple or superior rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TravelClick, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Barcelona Universal Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Universal Barcelona
- Hotel Barcelona Universal
- Barcelona Universal Hotel Catalonia