Stayed for 3 nights prior to a cruise and were very happy with our choice.
Booked a triple room which was a good size, spotlessly clean and luxurious bathroom.
Location was good, only 10 minute walk to Las Ramblas. Used the laptops in reception for free unlimited internet access.
Staff were helpful and friendly. Cant comment on the breakfast as it wasn't included in our price but didn't think it was worth the price of 45 euros for 3 people so just had breakfast in the local cafes which was fine.
If in Barcelona I would definitely use this hotel again and would recommend to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically located just a five-minute walk from Las Ramblas, Hotel Barcelona Universal grants its guests easy access to all parts of the city. Metro lines 2 and 3 stop just outside the main entrance, at “Paral·lel,” and nearby buses can take you to the beaches of Barcelona, Park Güell, and anywhere in between. A stroll from our hotel near Las Ramblas will take you to some of Barcelona’s favorite tourist attractions.Hotel opened in 2001 and renewed in 2011.Hotel Barcelona Universal has 167 rooms, each equipped with free Wi-Fi Internet. Three “Barcelona Skyline Suites” feature a Jacuzzi and private terrace. Families and larger groups may be accommodated in triple or superior rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, TravelClick, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and LateRooms so you can book your Barcelona Universal Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Universal Barcelona
- Hotel Barcelona Universal
- Barcelona Universal Hotel Catalonia