I stayed here for four nights during my visit to Barcelona. I stayed in an enclosed room which was dark as described by the other reviewers. It wasn't too bad as we didn't spen too much time in the room. On a plus side, the room was fitted for the disabled and was huge by European standards. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. An ideal location within walking distance to all the sights. Also, the Metro stop is very close to the entrance of the hotel. The pool is small by American standards. More of an enlarged jacuzzi. All in all a great hotel with clean rooms and a friendly helpful staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically located just a five-minute walk from Las Ramblas, Hotel Barcelona Universal grants its guests easy access to all parts of the city. Metro lines 2 and 3 stop just outside the main entrance, at “Paral·lel,” and nearby buses can take you to the beaches of Barcelona, Park Güell, and anywhere in between. A stroll from our hotel near Las Ramblas will take you to some of Barcelona’s favorite tourist attractions.Hotel opened in 2001 and renewed in 2011.Hotel Barcelona Universal has 167 rooms, each equipped with free Wi-Fi Internet. Three “Barcelona Skyline Suites” feature a Jacuzzi and private terrace. Families and larger groups may be accommodated in triple or superior rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelona Universal Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Universal Barcelona
- Hotel Barcelona Universal
- Barcelona Universal Hotel Catalonia