The hotel is approximately 15 minutes walk from the beach and 10 minutes from La Rambla, but with a metro station literally outside the hotel and several bus stops within 100 yards it was far easier to use public transport to get around. Our room was quite small but spotlessly clean and the air con made sure it was always wonderfully cool when we came back to the room. Breakfast was very good with quite a varied selection of food on offer. We only went up to the rooftop terrace once during our stay and it was very busy but still a nice option to have. This was our first visit to Barcelona but we loved everything about the city and would have no hesitation in staying at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically located just a five-minute walk from Las Ramblas, Hotel Barcelona Universal grants its guests easy access to all parts of the city. Metro lines 2 and 3 stop just outside the main entrance, at “Paral·lel,” and nearby buses can take you to the beaches of Barcelona, Park Güell, and anywhere in between. A stroll from our hotel near Las Ramblas will take you to some of Barcelona’s favorite tourist attractions.Hotel opened in 2001 and renewed in 2011.Hotel Barcelona Universal has 167 rooms, each equipped with free Wi-Fi Internet. Three “Barcelona Skyline Suites” feature a Jacuzzi and private terrace. Families and larger groups may be accommodated in triple or superior rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Agoda, Ebookers, TravelUp, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Barcelona Universal Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Universal Barcelona
- Hotel Barcelona Universal
- Barcelona Universal Hotel Catalonia