I would highly recommend the Barcelona Universal Hotel. I is a recently remodeled hotel located within real walking distance to "Las Ramblas" and the seaport. It also happens to be in the heart of the theater district. The rooms were new, modern,fresh and spacious. The hotel was quiet. The staff was extremely helpful with all of our questions and needs. There are plenty of restaurants and sidewalk cafes near and around the hotel. There is a Metro Stop directly in front of the hotel which adds to the convenience. As far as the rates are concerned, I found them to be very reasonable. I stayed at the hotel for five days in late May 2013. All in all great Hotel, great value, in a great location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically located just a five-minute walk from Las Ramblas, Hotel Barcelona Universal grants its guests easy access to all parts of the city. Metro lines 2 and 3 stop just outside the main entrance, at “Paral·lel,” and nearby buses can take you to the beaches of Barcelona, Park Güell, and anywhere in between. A stroll from our hotel near Las Ramblas will take you to some of Barcelona’s favorite tourist attractions.Hotel opened in 2001 and renewed in 2011.Hotel Barcelona Universal has 167 rooms, each equipped with free Wi-Fi Internet. Three “Barcelona Skyline Suites” feature a Jacuzzi and private terrace. Families and larger groups may be accommodated in triple or superior rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, TravelClick, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Barcelona Universal Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Universal Barcelona
- Hotel Barcelona Universal
- Barcelona Universal Hotel Catalonia