I have recently returned from a 4 day break in Barcelona and can say that I am not disappointed in the choice of hotel.
The hotel is in a central location, easy access to the paral-lel metro station (ticket for the metro was 25.5euros for the 4 days we were there, you can buy these from the metro station machines from your first day) getting to the hotel from the airport was easy too (aerobus 5.90euros one way and takes 10/15 mins to the first stop plaza espanya where you get off and then the hotel is two
stops on the metro.) It's also very close to La Rambla and many restaurants & bars.
We're amazing and always happy to help. If you have any questions about the local area they will answer and completely approachable. They also have a sense of humour.
The rooms were very clean. Nice size for the amount of time we were there. For you chill out time after all the walking there is a tv, my other half managed to get some of the programmes which were in Spanish to play in English which was great. Free safety deposit box which is always a plus. Switch by the bed to play music in bedroom area & bathroom. Minibar in room if you want to spend money on that (lots of local supermarkets if not.) I have seen people complain about the busy road outside but we didn't find this a problem!
We did not use the pool, although popped up to see it, quite small but would be nice for a dip in the summer, lots of deck chairs and a nice view. Gym again didn't use. Bar area looked nice but we tended to head out.
I only have two small things to say which did not really cause us any issues but just thought I would mention. There were no tea and coffee making facilities in the room which was a bit annoying but not a problem for the length of time. Our room was also near the lifts which meant you could hear the ding and chatting of other guests but again this did not at all ruin our stay.
Great hotel to choose when staying in Barcelona and I would definitely recommend to others. If returning to Barcelona I would stay here again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically located just a five-minute walk from Las Ramblas, Hotel Barcelona Universal grants its guests easy access to all parts of the city. Metro lines 2 and 3 stop just outside the main entrance, at “Paral·lel,” and nearby buses can take you to the beaches of Barcelona, Park Güell, and anywhere in between. A stroll from our hotel near Las Ramblas will take you to some of Barcelona’s favorite tourist attractions.Hotel opened in 2001 and renewed in 2011.Hotel Barcelona Universal has 167 rooms, each equipped with free Wi-Fi Internet. Three “Barcelona Skyline Suites” feature a Jacuzzi and private terrace. Families and larger groups may be accommodated in triple or superior rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelona Universal Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Universal Barcelona
- Hotel Barcelona Universal
- Barcelona Universal Hotel Catalonia