Arrived at Barcelona Universal Hotel very early in the am after a flight in from Paris. We took the rail station from the airport to the rail line to the city. Very easy to navigate. There was a band on the train that played "hit the road jack" for tips during the trip. It was very nice. Now on to the Universal -
We were taking a risk trying to check in early in the morning, but the front desk staff was very friendly. The allowed us to store our luggage while they checked our room. We went to a small diner adjacent to our hotel and ate Paella and tapas until our room was ready.
Nice, clean and modern room. Appeared to be newly or recently renovated. Gave us both hygiene kits with shaving gear, soap, etc. Plenty of hot water, nice comfy bed. Free wifi while in the room and on the premises, although we've found that in Europe most wifi is spotty in the room and better in the lobby areas.
The front desk called me after we checked in and made sure we were comfy. I had a livery service picking us up at 5:30 am for a flight to Rome. The hotel staff called the company and made all of the arrangements (although I had reservations they made sure I was confirmed and all logistics were square). Then, they gave us directions on how to get around Barcelona. The hotel was literally a few blocks over from Las Ramblas, the main thoroughfare through Barcelona. We had access to the seaport area and the statue of Christopher Columbus pointing WEST, the hop on/off buses, and darn near every type of local food and shopping item you could imagine.
I would stay at this hotel again. In fact I am planning my 2015 trip to include a night in Madrid at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically located just a five-minute walk from Las Ramblas, Hotel Barcelona Universal grants its guests easy access to all parts of the city. Metro lines 2 and 3 stop just outside the main entrance, at “Paral·lel,” and nearby buses can take you to the beaches of Barcelona, Park Güell, and anywhere in between. A stroll from our hotel near Las Ramblas will take you to some of Barcelona’s favorite tourist attractions.Hotel opened in 2001 and renewed in 2011.Hotel Barcelona Universal has 167 rooms, each equipped with free Wi-Fi Internet. Three “Barcelona Skyline Suites” feature a Jacuzzi and private terrace. Families and larger groups may be accommodated in triple or superior rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, TravelClick, Expedia, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, LateRooms, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelona Universal Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Universal Barcelona
- Hotel Barcelona Universal
- Barcelona Universal Hotel Catalonia