Good place to stay if you want to be centrally located without spending a fortune. Clean spacious double rooms. The view is nothing in particular , neither towards the busy but rather ugly street nor towards the shabby backyard but we didn't choose this place for the view. Very friendly staff and walking distance to Rambla.The tiny pool on the roof was crowded so it didn't feel tempting to take a swim. If I wasn't looking for an outstanding place to stay I would stay here again. It was a good option for a couple of nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically located just a five-minute walk from Las Ramblas, Hotel Barcelona Universal grants its guests easy access to all parts of the city. Metro lines 2 and 3 stop just outside the main entrance, at “Paral·lel,” and nearby buses can take you to the beaches of Barcelona, Park Güell, and anywhere in between. A stroll from our hotel near Las Ramblas will take you to some of Barcelona’s favorite tourist attractions.Hotel opened in 2001 and renewed in 2011.Hotel Barcelona Universal has 167 rooms, each equipped with free Wi-Fi Internet. Three “Barcelona Skyline Suites” feature a Jacuzzi and private terrace. Families and larger groups may be accommodated in triple or superior rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Jet2Holidays , TravelClick, LoveHolidays, Splitty, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Barcelona Universal Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Universal Barcelona
- Hotel Barcelona Universal
- Barcelona Universal Hotel Catalonia