“Great place to dine”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish, Gastropub, Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: El Raval
Description: Nuestra unica pretension es hacer que salgas del restaurante, al menos algo mejor de lo que entraste. Para conseguirlo ofrecemos el producto del mercado mas fresco, preparado con carino y servido con una sonrisa.
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Voted as one of the top restaurants in Barcelona by Tripadvisor, Cera 23 really deserves the title.

The restaurant is not big, but it has a fine dining atmosphere with great food to match. They cook everything perfectly, especially the risotto...it was difficult to find a restaurant that serves a truly great one.

From appetizers to dessert, everything tasted great!

1  Thank cookingmasterboy

Reviewed 8 June 2014

You know you are in for a great night when you see the care and attention taken over the cocktails, the much photographed blackberry mojitos are a great start to the evening. All of our starters and mains were tremendous and the volcano rice dish (again, much commented on!) is simply a brilliant dish full of flavour. The restaurant atmosphere is great and the restaurant team work to ensure you have a great evening. Sure, they want to turn your table after 2 hours but that is the one downside to eating in a special place. Everyone in our party agreed this was the culinary highlight of our trip. Don't be put off by the location, El Raval is a great part of town with great bars and atmosphere.

1  Thank DC10Gooner
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I booked for my mums 60th birthday after reading the reviews on here and was not disappointed!!

It is tucked away and if you didn't know about it you would almost walk right past.

We had the most amazing time and the food was so delicious. We had a set menu as there were 12 in our group and it was fantastic value, working out about £32 inc half a bottle of wine per person, bread, soft drinks and 3 courses.

Felt very well looked after and would most certainly go back.

Thank you for making my mums celebrations a very memorable one!

1  Thank haribo1002
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I've been there last year and in May 2014, the quality has been very high both times. Great service,great cocktails, incredibly delicious and high quality food and a well chosen wine list. Leave some space for the desserts and book a table well in advance.

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Tucked away in one of many back alleys of the area is this unassuming restaurant.

Following reviews here, 7 of us turned up on the night to see if we were going to be lucky enough to get a seat. Although seemingly packed, the staff bent over backwards and made a table up at the rear of this deceptively large restaurant.

Starting with a beautiful local beer whilst waiting for our starters, the atmosphere was good with a constant bubbling of conversation.

Starters for the group included Tomato Tarte Tar for our vegetarian, Iberico Ham platter and Octopus. I am not a seafood eater but willing to try anything once, I sampled a piece of the Octopus and I was blown away. A sudden realisation hit me. Great food, cooked perfectly tastes good. Unbelievably tender and beautifully smoked. It was fantastic. The great thing is that every dish was so different, you can't help but share it which results in yet more tapas. But hands down the best tapas I've had!

Main course was a honey glazed beef cheek, and although I was happy for people who asked to sample it, there was no way I was offering this one out. Immense is the only way I can describe it. A hefty chunk of beef that fell apart as I scraped my fork across it and melted (literally) on the tongue. The accompanying cream & herb mash with a red wine Jus were sublime and really made the dish. Although I was full, I was left wanting more (and more). Outstanding dish. Others in the group pretty much echoed my sentiments for their own dishes which included a fabulously tender fillet steak and a flavoursome mushroom risotto.

The staff then brought round a small pallet cleansing drink each before offering up the dessert menu. Every one of us was full and had no intention of eating any more. Every one of us ended up having dessert. After seeing other people's arriving around us, it was a no brainer. Too many flavours to mention but all beautiful and another tapas moment.

Now time for a stinging bill... right? Wrong. All of the above for a mere £25 a head. The staff got a whacking tip and they were worth every penny.

The trip to Barcelona was worth it for this superb restaurant alone. Great food, great staff, great atmosphere. I've eaten in Michelin star restaurants that would be put to shame by this place. An absolute must. Just make sure you draw yourself a little map before you set off. Not the easiest to find but worth the search.

1  Thank Dan F