Have just returned from four nights at the Arenea and had a thoroughly good time. The room was very spacious and clean with separate living area, which can be divided from the bedroom by sliding door which would be useful with children, kitchen and bathroom. Everything was very clean and tidy apart from the sofa which had seen better days as other reviewers have said. The kitchen had basic equipment which was more than enough for us as we ate out but appreciated being able to make a cuppa in the morning. The bathroom could do with a little refurbishment and our door was warped and wouldn't shut unles you gave it a good slam! However it was very clean, the water was hot and great pressure in the shower. We did find as others have mentioned that the walls are rather thin, you can hear the toilet flushing in the next room and one night I was woken up by a baby crying, however generally speaking it was a very quiet hotel so noise wasn't an issue. We ate in the restaurant on our first night and enjoyed the three course menu for 18euro each. We probably would have eaten there again but the menu didn't change all week and as I don't eat meat there was only one choice I could have (I eat fish but there wasn't anything veggie at all on there.) The staff were very friendly and efficient and spoke excellent English which is good as there is no information in the room so we ended up having to ask them lots. We found Daniel on reception particularly friendly and helpful.The location was excellent, a nice clean quiet area with loads of cafes, bars, bakeries and shops around. We did walk into the centre once which took about an hour including a stop for coffee, but the Metro is fast and efficient and very easy to navigate. Overall I would say it is good value for money and we would definately return and hope to do so soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On Diagonal Ave, at the heart of the city's business, financial and commercial area, Aparthotel Atenea is part of a new modern architectural complex.It has 105 appartments of 35m2 each with a bedroom, sitting room, bath and kitchen fully equipped with all kinds of services. Buffet breakfast with over 60 home-made products to start your day with a smile. Other services: Parking, internet connection, 6 meeting rooms, restaurant ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with World Independent Hotel Promotion, Booking.com, Agoda, Lastminute, LoveHolidays, Superbreak UK, Expedia, TripOnline SA, ACCOR, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aparthotel Atenea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Atenea Barcelona, Catalonia
- Aparthotel Atenea Hotel Barcelona