I have just arrived back from a mon-friday city break in Barcelona. We chose this accommodation because we wanted our own facilities to make food. We were not let down. Firstly the staff were kind enough to let us check in at 1pm when we arrived even though check in is at 2. We booked a superior apartment which I must say didn't look the same as it did online but I didn't mind too much. We had a good shower and bath, a kitchenette with a fridge/freezer(small), kettle, microwave and hob, twin beds, big tv and a balcony. This was the best part in my opinion.
We were in room 506 so we were looking out to the back of the building overlooking a basketball court which wasn't used while we were there, so it was very quiet. I did see that the balconies on the front of the building looked newer, these may be the rooms that have been done up, but it may have been noisier on the street.
Location: We were about a 20min walk to our hotel from Catalunya square. We walked up a street called Universate (or similar) which has great places to eat - creparie with cheap and nice ice cream, Granier bakery - lovely pastries and tutti frutti frozen yoghurt. We didn't mind the walk as you saw more that way but there is a metro stop right next to the hotel if you prefer that.
There was also a supermarket literally next door with lots of great fresh food and all really cheap. I'm so glad we went self catering.
Don't forget to visit the park a couple of blocks down that may go unnoticed. It has a library and palm tree walkway with parrots.
The staff were very helpful and let us leave our bags on the day of check out so we could walk about the rest of the day without them.
All in all a very pleasant stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On Diagonal Ave, at the heart of the city's business, financial and commercial area, Aparthotel Atenea is part of a new modern architectural complex.It has 105 appartments of 35m2 each with a bedroom, sitting room, bath and kitchen fully equipped with all kinds of services. Buffet breakfast with over 60 home-made products to start your day with a smile. Other services: Parking, internet connection, 6 meeting rooms, restaurant ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Lastminute, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Agoda, Priceline, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aparthotel Atenea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Atenea Barcelona, Catalonia
- Aparthotel Atenea Hotel Barcelona