“Good hotel”
Review of Hispanos 7 Suiza

Hispanos 7 Suiza
Ranked #162 of 516 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Went there with two kids for few days. The apartment was two bedrooms, two bathrooms and living room connected with kitchen. To me bit old and used interior but clean. When we arrive they gave us room on first floor. So if you mind noise then ask for higher floor and ideally facing courtyard. But I must say day later I was offered to change the room. Didn't have breakfast there so can't judge the service. The hotel is next to Sagrada Familia and about 30minutes walk from the beach. For us to walk with pram to downtown it was a bit far so if you don't like to walk and be right in center get different place. I recommend the hotel and visit Barcelona!

Room Tip: Ask what floor is your room at and if it's facing courtyard or not. Hotel is on busy street!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 June 2012

I found this hotel by reading reviews. It is just around the corner from Sagrada Familia. I booked a 2 bedroom apartment with my partner. It is a 10min walk to the closest Metro station or the closest one is Sagrada Familia Station.
There are lots of family run little restaurants and cafes nearby. Beaut Indian meal from the Taj Mahal.So inexpensive : )
The apartment was comfy, serviced daily, my washing/dryer machine made quite a racket, so we only washed our clothes when we went out.
The staff all spoke fluent English and very helpful. We had to have lots of paperwork to be printed and they did it at all times of the night or day and IT WAS FREE!! Alberto was so helpful and he is multilingual and peppy: )
The WIFI was free and fast.Felt safe walking around this area.
Be extremely careful of your handbag. I was pickpocketed in Madrid and then in Barcelona, both at the train stations.Keep everything zipped and backpacks placed front of body. I was done by a Mum with a kid in a stroller.
Will definitely stay at this hotel again. You get better service and amenities from a boutique sized hotel than the big super duper storey ones.

Room Tip: I had a room on the 3rd floor and the balcony looked onto the back of other buildings.There was a da...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bumble1960
Reviewed 22 June 2012

The location fo the apartments is great: only two blocks from Sagrada Familia, one block from the tour bus stop, and one block from a playground (for families with small kids this is a must). The 2 bedroom/2 bath apartment was spacious enough but not large by any means. The apartment contained a small kitchenette, livingroom, balcony, a large bedroom with queen size bed, smaller roome with two twin bed, a large bathroom with tub and small bathroom (only having a shower stall). The apartments are not luxurious but they are certainly adequate for their size and location. I would have preferred to be in an exterior apartment rather than facing the interior courtyard area. The interior courtyard view is not that great. The hotel staff went over and above with their service. The dryer in my room was not working and the staff came and picked up my laundry after I washed it, dried it in the hotel dryer, and returned in to me already folded. Very impressive customer service and I would stay here again.

Reviewed 21 June 2012

This is a very nice place to stay in Barcelona. Our apartment had a kitchen with granite tops, dining room, living room, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms nicely appointed with marble, and a balcony. It's in a great location, only a block away from the Sagrada Familia. The staff were very friendly, helpful and accomodating.

Much better than anyplace else, especially for the price.

1  Thank cunningtim
Reviewed 19 June 2012

We were traveling with our two children, and had an awful time finding a hotel with a room for four people. I found this Hispanos 7 Suiza on Trip Advisor and decided to book. The location is excellent, and the lady working the front desk was phenominal! The apartment was spacious and even had lots of English TV channels. Unfortunately the air conditioning in our unit wasn't working, and although they gave us two fans to use, sleeping was uncomfortable because is was 29 degrees celsuius.Upon check-out, I left a message at the front desk for the manager to contact me as I requested a small refund due to the lack of air conditioning. We have been back for nine days, and the manager never contacted me. Nonetheless, I would not hesitate to book here again. Everything else was great, and I suppose air conditioning can break anywhere...

Reviewed 19 June 2012

We spent 3 nights at the hotel. The location is great. Two blocks from Sagrada Familia and metro stop. Tonight we had dinner at the hotel's restaurant, and it was excellent. There are many restaurants, coffee shops, and markets close by also. It was nice having a private balcony to sit and relax on also. The apartment is spacious enough to not feel crampe. The beds were very comfortable. The front desk was very helpful. Our only problem was our safe didn't work but when we got our room keys reset, it worked fine.

Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 17 June 2012

The apartment was nice and clean. It is located close to La Sagrada Familia Basilica which is what we wanted to see. We arrived before our room was ready but the desk clerk assured us that our luggage would be safe and locked under their care until our room was available. We went to visit the Basilica and returned to our room to find that one of our bags was missing. In the missing bag was a fairly new Asus Transformer tablet with keyboard, a new Canon Power shot camera with SD card, new headphones, power cables, charger for the camera, and many personal items for an all night flight from the U.S (total value around $1000). We told the desk clerk and he immediately denied the bag ever existed or that we lost it elsewhere. Even though he wrote on a paper how many bags we left in their control. We wanted him to call the Police but he refused. My husband walked many blocks to file a Police report and even the Police couldn't believe the lack of responsibility of the hotel. The hotel's assistant desk manager sided with the desk clerk in refusing to assume responsibility for the bag that was under their care. They refunded our night's stay (in cash $200.00 - apparently to avoid a paper trail). Travelers beware, I researched the hotel and thought it was a safe place...but we truly believe that the staff took our property and then denied responsibility and implied that we were lying about it. As a traveler from another country, we have no recourse. We lost valuable and costly property by trusting the staff when they said it would be safe under their care. A very unfortunate experience for us during our first few hours in Europe and at the Hispanos 7 Suiza. Travelers, hold on tight to your property.

Room Tip: Never let your luggage, property out of your sight.
13  Thank msavalon