We visited the hotel at the end of march 2014.
First the good words : Good location, free wifi (has problems but still free) and nice service personnel.
Now for what makes it poor :
1. there is no air condition in the room.
2. the bed (we took double-bed) is stiff, hard mattress, the base of the bed is not stable so it moves away from the wall.
3. it seems they are cheap on everything - we had to constantly ask for towels and toilet papers.
4. very old elevators (2 elevators for 9 floors ...) that sound scary upon usage.
5. NO ACOUSTIC ISOLATION - the nights are one big concert of doors being slammed as visitors close them - NOT RECOMMENDED FOR LOVERS.
6. HORRIBLE food and BAD coffee - very little selection, poorly served, bad taste, seems like they serve tap water and the orange juice was like a medicine with 1 kg of sugar, lucky there are some sandwiches and coffee shops nearby.
7. the window curtains do not cover the large window thus allowing morning light to enter the room.
8. since the only way to control the temperature at the room is to open the window, wind is whistling through the opening and the street noise is entering the room unless you close the window.
9. there is no safety barrier to the window - NOT RECOMMENDED FOR KIDS.
10. although the lobby is nice and pleasant, the toilets and service area is under the lobby and it looks like it was built for dwarfs - the ceiling gets under 2 meters and to enter the toilets i (1.86m) had to dock, the shoo shinning device was out of electricity and the toilets lack toilet paper, had soap and hand towels.
11. bathroom ceiling old comparing to the room and there are no safety accessories like slip - prevention stickers inside the bath tub.
We have been told this is a 4 stars hotel ... well, i would questionably give it 3 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern high-rise with restaurant and breakfast buffet, located in the Financial District, near shops and public transportation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Arenas Atiram Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Husa Arenas Barcelona
- Husa Arenas Hotel Barcelona
- Arenas Atiram Hotels Barcelona, Catalonia