“Clean hotel in a convenient location”

Hotel Nuevo Triunfo
Ranked #367 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Bucharest, Romania
“Clean hotel in a convenient location”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The hotel is very close to Rambla with good access to public transportation (2 minutes from the metro).

The location is very tourist-y, with many restaurants and bars nearby to choose from, as well as supermarkets and small shops.

The service was fine, the room was cleaned everyday, the towels were changed every morning and the bedsheets every 2-3 days. The staff was very nice. I also had a small fridge which was very useful.

I must say I felt that my belongings were safe in the hotel room while I was out and I did not use the safety box in the room.

The room itself was average-sized, but it had extremely thin walls. For those who are not heavy sleepers I recommend ear plugs, as you could hear people from the other rooms talking/having sex/showering.

The bathroom was small, but it was clean. The water tap of the bath did not work very well. I was a bit afraid when I made the reservation regarding the smells from the bathroom that other people complained about on TripAdvisor, however we had no such issues.

Overall I had a pleasant stay and do not regret choosing this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anca D
Recepción N, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Nuevo Triunfo, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Customer Anca D,
We greatly appreciate your positive description and balanced view of our hotel. We are particularly pleased that you and your partner have felt safe in a clean and friendly atmosphere. We are trying to get improvements in soundproofing.
We hope to have you among our customers in their future visits of this city.
Best regards.

José Luis Vilchez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for only one night, and it ticked all the boxes in terms of what I was looking for. It's located less than 5 minutes' walk from the nearest metro station (Para-lel), and you can get to la sagrada familia in about 9 minutes. The room I had was small but modern and clean, with everything you would need for a short stay (shower, tv, fridge). All in all good value for money.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here a couple of weeks ago while on our honeymoon. We first arrived to a friendly gentlemen on the front desk, very helpful. Our room wasn't ready so we did a bit if sight seeing and returned. When entering the room we noticed to single beds apart, a little frustrating, but we'll move things around to accommodate ourselves. Then the shower, after taking 10mins to get it just right, half of it ended up on the floor because of the pressure. As for the sleep, there is so much noise in this little area and the room we were placed in, that next to no sleep was had.
I also want to bring attention to the area, I advise others to look around before booking here. It is a great location...however safety wasn't always felt.

Stayed May 2014

Travellers are raving about these Barcelona hotels

Versailles, France
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

I didn't expect much from a 2 star hotel, I chose to stay here for 2 nights after my business trip. I was aware of the fact that the rooms are small, but it was totally fine with me, view to a wall as well. However, smell of sewer from the shower was not. But I got even more unlucky since my room shared a wall with a nearby restaurant, I could hear everything! The restaurant closes at 2 a.m., so no hope for a calm evening and going to bed early. Worse, cleaning ladies start to work at 8 a.m. and make it impossible to sleep. WiFi is extremely slow, simple talk on Skype was a torture. Also, be mindful about the location when choosing this place, check for more info about El Raval. It's full of immigrants and they don't look particularly friendly. I was scared to go out in the evenings. On the bright side the personnel is very friendly. Unfortunately, they couldn't solve my noise problem due to the lack of free rooms.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Tirgu Mures, Romania
Reviewed 23 February 2014

The location was just perfect,5 minutes from the metro and 15 minutes from La Rambla.The room was cleaned every day and the staff was very helpfull.I recomand this hote and if I will be again in Barcelona,I will choose it againl! ;)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Javier Y, Recepción at Hotel Nuevo Triunfo, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
We're glad to know you have good time in Hotel Nuevo Triunfo and in Barcelona!! We hope to see you again to try to make your holydays better!!
Regards,
Pablo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2014

This is a great little budget hotel for a short trip. I stayed here for 3 nights over new years. I had a single room which was small but not at all cramped - in fact it seemed quite spacious. The linen is clean and the bathroom was fine, equipped with toiletries and a hairdryer. The staff are efficient and friendly and speak English. It's a 5 min walk from Paral-lel metro and very near to Montjuich plus a nice walk to Las Ramblas. There is a small supermarket directly opposite and a restaurant next door, plus other cafes and restaurants nearby. The only (minor for me) downside is that there is not much in the way of noise insulation so if you're a light sleeper you might be bothered by noise from other guests. As I am a heavy sleeper this did not bother me. I would definitely return here - it's great value for money.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends