“Great value in the Gothic Quarter”
Review of H10 Raco Del Pi

H10 Raco Del Pi
Ranked #118 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 8 December 2010

I found this hotel on Tripadvisor and was drawn to the price and the location. I was traveling with my husband, some family and their friends who had never been to Barcelona before. Having been there before I knew I wanted to stay in the Gothic Quarter and this hotel perfectly located on a quaint street with quick access to La Rambla. The hotel itself is small but pretty. The rooms were small but comfortable. I wish there were better blankets because I got a bit cold. The staff were great and my husband and I enjoyed chatting with them and they were always willing to help. There was free internet which was a bit slow on their computer. The website listed a free snack bar which I was a bit confused about because my dad was charged at one point for taking a coffee. There is a restaurant for breakfast but for 16 euro we just went on La Rambla and found breakfast for under 6 euro. We enjoyed using the courtyard to have some of our meals of local breads, cured meats and wine. One night we started a little party there with some of the other guests.

Warning about La Rambla: On our first night my husband was nearly pickpocked. One morning my father went for a Starbucks run and harassed by working girls on the morning shift and then engaged in a battle with a pickpocket. My dad being a rather large ex-jail guard won but was very shaken up. Just be careful.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Crazytravelgirl
There are newer reviews for H10 Raco Del Pi

Reviewed 5 December 2010

Don't stay in room 406 unless you are alone. I understand that rooms in Europe are going to be small, but this was tiny for sure.
Hotel was OK - great location, "business center" = a computer near the elevator and the "bar" was never attended unless you asked the front desk gentleman to come off-duty and fix you a drink.
The elevator was out of service on multiple occasions. Very frustrating and it seemed not to be a shock to the employees.
Great location as mentioned, and the room was clean, but still - not worth the money.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 November 2010

The location is awesome, but this hotel is grossly overrated. The quality of the rooms is at best, 3 star. It is on par with a Holiday Inn in the USA. The furniture is Ikea style, laminate floors, and very poor quality mattresses. I had a very hard time sleeping in them. If you do not upgrade to a triple room, you will have a room the size of a shoe box. For the money I ended up spending to upgrade to a triple, I could have stayed in a nicer hotel in a nicer room. I wished I would have stayed in Hotel Neri.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shendrix
Reviewed 13 November 2010

The room was clean and oh so convenient with a super staff who found the answers. We would definitely stay there again. The breakfast was a very good way to begin the day.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank ladeam99
Reviewed 20 October 2010

It would appear that the H10 goup that owns this hotel spent a few Euros on sprucing up the lobby and a few superficial touches but the rooms themselves were a big disappointment. Not the worst hotel in the world (it was clean) but for what we paid, it was underwhelming.
The room was facing a busy street so sleeping was a challenge, but did quiet down after midnight. Earplugs helped. The room was small, as is expected in busy European cities, but the layout and design of this room was dreadfully inefficient, at least for two people. The sheets were fine but the additional blankets provided were gross and kind of old looking. The bathrooms were clean, but old and the whole room in general was in need of updating. The towels had a wierd smell, and were a bit on the threadbare side.
We had just come from Paris and had stayed in an even smaller room but one that was more efficiently laid out and where effort had been made to ensure the room had comfort, efficiency and a bit of style.
This may seem nitpicky, and if this was a privately owned hotel I probably wouldn't be writing. But since the Hotel Group wish to portray this as a trendy boutique hotel, they should really step it up a notch and spend some cash on renovating these rooms. A red accent wall and modern art print above the bed do not make a trendy room. I won't be recommending this hotel to anyone. On the plus side, the hotel is centrally located, and the staff were helpful and very friendly, and helped us make the most of this experience. Step it up, H10!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2010

We visited a few cities on our honeymoon and the hotel in the first city (Rome) sucked so we were keeping our fingers crossed for all the hotels after that and this one was the answer to our prayers! When we arrived they greeted us with champaign! We then went to our room that was clean and comfortable. It is located right off of La Rambla which is very convienient and there are a lot of great little resturants all around not to mention lots of shops. The best thing about this hotel is the service. Nunu was the best! All the guys at the front desk were very helpful! We realized the morning we were supposed to leave that our travel agent booked our flight for the wrong day and with their help we were able to get a flight out right away. I would definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2010

This hotel is minutes from La Rambla and underground trains. Excellent location and very friendly and helpful staff. Speak excellent English. Rooms are very good and beds are very comfortable. Rooms at the front of the Hotel are the best, so ask for these when booking. Very nice restaurant for excellent breakfast. Not many shops are open on Sunday. Watch out for pickpockets - they are rife! Leave valuables in hotel room safe. If you take the Raco Gift of champagne and chocolates, you need to ask for them as they are not automatically put in your room.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business