I found this hotel on Tripadvisor and was drawn to the price and the location. I was traveling with my husband, some family and their friends who had never been to Barcelona before. Having been there before I knew I wanted to stay in the Gothic Quarter and this hotel perfectly located on a quaint street with quick access to La Rambla. The hotel itself is small but pretty. The rooms were small but comfortable. I wish there were better blankets because I got a bit cold. The staff were great and my husband and I enjoyed chatting with them and they were always willing to help. There was free internet which was a bit slow on their computer. The website listed a free snack bar which I was a bit confused about because my dad was charged at one point for taking a coffee. There is a restaurant for breakfast but for 16 euro we just went on La Rambla and found breakfast for under 6 euro. We enjoyed using the courtyard to have some of our meals of local breads, cured meats and wine. One night we started a little party there with some of the other guests.
Warning about La Rambla: On our first night my husband was nearly pickpocked. One morning my father went for a Starbucks run and harassed by working girls on the morning shift and then engaged in a battle with a pickpocket. My dad being a rather large ex-jail guard won but was very shaken up. Just be careful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Considered as part of Barcelona's cultural heritage in itself, this historic building dates from the 19th century and is situated in the city's ancient Gothic Quarter. The setting of the H10 Raco del Pi makes it ideal for exploring the narrow streets of the most atmospheric area of the city - the Gothic Quarter. Here you will find the Cathedral along with a wide range of shops, galleries and restaurants. Only 100 metres away is the vibrant Las Ramblas, and 300 metres away is the central Placa Catalunya. On arrival you will be greeted with a glass of cava, before continuing into the charming and traditional inner courtyard. The historic building has been brought up to date with features such as a glass-walled atrium and cooling parquet floors in each room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your H10 Raco Del Pi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h10 Raco Del Pi Hotel Barcelona
- H10 Raco Del Pi Barcelona, Catalonia
- Raco Del Pi