I am just going to echo everyone else's reviews really. This is a fabulous location, close to Las Ramblas, the Barri Gotic and the beach but it seems quite overpriced for what you get, namely:
- chaotic check in process, which also has a very 1980s feel to it (this is a huge hotel yet they still have people's names and room numbers written onto a large sheet of paper and still insist on giving you physical breakfast vouchers);
- the wrong room, sometimes (they put me into a single room until I went down and pointed out that I had paid for a double);
- a lot of rooms without windows (my room had a fake window which overlooked the lift shaft. Charming and similar, i imagine, to sleeping in a dungeon. The lack of ventilation also made the room smell a little stuffy);
- practically nothing included. Wifi was extra and only worked in the lobby, (which was frequently overrun with huge school parties). Safety deposit keys also had to be paid for on a nightly basis, which just seems miserly;
-staff who seemed to be inconvenienced by guests (until I was leaving, when one man offered to call a taxi for me).
Overall didn't ruin my experience of Barcelona (which is an absolute gem of a city, possibly my favourite ever) but was quite expensive for what you got. Shop around and see if there's anything else this central in the same price range.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rialto is one of the most centrally located hotels in Barcelona and also one of the most popular thanks to its unbeatable location, close to las Ramblas, the port and the Boqueria market. Its privileged location in the tourist and commercial centre of Barcelona and its excellent value for money make it a safe bet to enjoy their visit to the city. The Hotel Rialto is located in the popular Gothic quarter of Barcelona, next to the Ramblas. From here you can reach in a few minutes walking landmarks of the city, such the market of la Boqueria, Plaza Catalunya, the Liceu or Cathedral in the oldest part of Barcelona. In the surrounding streets you will find, in addition, numerous bars and restaurants. The Rialto Hotel sits on a historic building in the Centre of Barcelona, which was the birthplace of the famous Barcelona artist Joan Miro. The hotel has 205 rooms with simple decor while functional, with wooden floors and modern bathrooms. All the rooms have air conditioning and heating, bathroom with shower or bathtub, hair dryer, magnifying mirror and amenities, telephone, safe (charges apply) and a flat-screen TV. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TravelUp, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Rialto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rialto Hotel Barcelona
- Hotel Rialto Barcelona, Catalonia