The hotel is a couple of blocks away from Placa de Catalunya, a very convenient location for pretty much anywhere you need to go in Barcelona. If you need to catch a bus, chances are that you will either be able to get it from Placa de Catalunya or Passeig de Gracia, which is also close to the hotel.
The staff were friendly and both check in and out of the hotel was swift. The rooms themselves were satisfactory and of good size (we booked one of the family rooms). We didn't have breakfast at the hotel apart from ordering a couple of fried eggs and some toast one morning. The buffet breakfast at 20 euros is very expensive, especially when there are several cafes only a few minutes walk away from the hotel offering breakfast for a few euros.
As you leave the hotel, if you turn left, there is a convenience store only a few doors down which was very handy for picking up cold water for each day. It's much cheaper buying from these stores than in shops near Las Ramblas etc.
If you turn left as you leave the hotel, and take the first right, you will find a couple of cafes on the corner, Bra Cafe and one other. The latter does 3 croissants for a euro. They are nice and fresh too!
Overall, the hotel I would definitely recommend. The only reason I have dropped one star is for the following few reasons:
1) The breakfast at the hotel is expensive.
2) The sink and bath water don't go down the drain quickly enough so you find yourself stood in a few inches of water as you are having a shower.
3) The rooms could have been cleaned slightly better, taking in to account it's star rating. They weren't immaculate but they weren't dirty either.
Would I recommend this hotel to people who want to be in a good location, on a quiet street and also feel safe walking in the area? YES!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star Roger de Lluria Boutique Hotel Superior is located in one of the most iconic areas of Barcelona, the Eixample, famous for its cultural and commercial attractions. You are in the heart of modernist Barcelona. The Hotel itself has just 48 rooms, large enough to offer all modern services and facilities, yet small enough that you feel like a valued guest. Tradition and modern comfort are the essence of Hotel Roger de Lluria, as well as its excellent service. The Hotel is surrounded by the city's shopping and cultural districts. Nearby are Passeig de Gracia, Ramblas, Catalunya Square, the Gothic Quarter and Cathedral. Choose from 36 classic rooms, 10 deluxe rooms and 2 junior suites, all with the latest technology, most with terrace or balcony and they are fitted with kettle. Underground car parking is available adjacent to the hotel. Wi-Fi is complimentary for all guests. Last renovation dated 2013. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Roger De Lluria Barcelona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz Roger De Lluria Barcelona
- Ritz Roger De Lluria Hotel
- Ritz Barcelona
- Barcelona Ritz
- Hotel Roger De Lluria Barcelona Catalonia