“It was all going so well until I became ill.....”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Exe Mitre

Exe Mitre
Ranked #334 of 521 Hotels in Barcelona
Weedon Bec, United Kingdom
“It was all going so well until I became ill.....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

Well what can I say. The hotel is located near the excellent, clean, easy to use extensive Metro system which is the quickest way to get around (the nearest station is El Putxet), and you can easily reach each part of Barcelona. The rooms are clean and quiet and the breakfast is very good. I would have rated it as excellent until I became very very ill on my last day. I rang reception and asked if I could check out later and they gave me another couple of hours, but I was then pretty much thrown out of my room. I managed to get downstairs and collapsed on a sofa on reception where I had to stay, in between dashes for the loo, for 5 hours with no offer of a doctor, or help in any way. A single woman, travelling alone in a foreign country, throwing up every hour on the hour and frankly terrified that I would not be able to travel home. Somehow I made it to the airport and, although I was very ill on the plane, my dear friend came to the airport to meet me and got me home.
So, would I recommend this hotel? For value for money - yes. For service and caring staff - no.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Bubbles73uk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Lagos, Nigeria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012 via mobile

quiet place, close to the metro, out of the cry centre,but you can easily take a taxi or the metro. the staff are wonderful always ready to help. I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012
Lyon, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

Rooms are confortable, clean, calm (we were located at the back of the building). Personnel is pleasant.
Breakfast is very good and copious.
Transportation rapidly accessible > with the metro, centre city is at 20min (10' by walking + 10' by metro).

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights at the end of January. It is a very nice hotel with small but comfortable rooms. It is quite far from the city centre. We used the Metro which was great but do not use the L7 line (El Puxtet station) as they are doing construction and it takes much longer to get to the city. We found the L3 (Lesseps Station) which is about a 10 min walk from the hotel but the service is much more frequent and you do not have to change trains. Get a 10 use metro card for 10 euro. It is much cheaper than paying each time. The TV is all in Spanish but we were able to change it to English on the remote using the subtitle button. It changes the voices to the original English but only on American shows. The bathroom was very small and we found that the hot water in the shower would go very cold during high usage times. There is a safe in the room to lock up valuables but you must leave a 20 Euro deposit at reception. We tried the breakfast once and it is not worth the price at all, not enough selection and it had been sitting for a long time. There is not a lot of choices for dining in the immediate area.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gmun
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2011

The rooms were clean and spacious. There was also wifi available. The staff was great. The rooms are a bit outdated though. But overall it was priced well for its value.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family