Our travel to Barcelona started late at night, and here our experience began. By reading reviews on hotel Mitre, we knew it will be out of city center, but close to the metro station,( it was our second visit to Barcelona) but got lost on the way from metro to the hotel- went in wrong direction. Finally, found the street and been ready to turn away by seeing homeless people wondering around the hotel, making their carton beds just across of the main entrance and yelling one to another. Next day after little exploration of the area we found that hotel has more privileges than it appeared night of our arrival. Located conveniently to public transportation, not too far away from Park Guel, with grocery stores nearby and little café by bus station. Room was of a decent size with tile floors that I like much better then carpets, bathtub and little office-desk. A little coffee-maker would be a plus, so would the second chair - when we had our snacks or fruits from the market- there is no place to sit but on the bed. Like it was said before, walls are thin - one night we had a really loud neighbors - but it was only one night, on the other nights we would hear next door person snoring. We didn't buy breakfast from hotel, because we like to explore little Mom's& Pop cafeterias, especially when that coffee smells all the way down the street... Hotel stuff was helpful and pleasant, housekeeping was at standard with enough supplies for two of us. Beds were comfortable and clean. Homeless people don't bother hotel guest, but it is still freaky to go to the hotel late in the evening. We enjoyed our visit to that newer part of Barcelona after all - we met really nice local couple at the bus station, who really explained to us some of the history and even provided us to Maria Iglesias church with explanation on history and pointing on highlights of the church. Those people also told us about " El Born" museum that just open its door for public the week of our visit - it was nice addition to our planned interinary in Barcelona .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Exe Mitre 3* it is a small Barcelona city hotel, without too many frills but ready to provide our guests with a welcoming, friendly, functional place to stay, with spacious rooms and all the little details that will help you to spend some happy, stress-free days with us: a healthy breakfast with freshly-squeezed orange juice, Wi-Fi connections in all the rooms, hydro-massage bathtub, etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Lastminute, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Exe Mitre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eurostars Mitre Hotel
- Eurostars Mitre Barcelona
- Exe Mitre Barcelona, Catalonia