Have just returned home after our second visit to this hotel and this time we went with friends for four nights. We arrived late morning and didn't really expect the rooms to be ready but was rather disappointed not to be offered any tea, coffee or pastries as their website advertises, we didn't really expect a glass of cava that time of the day and we were given it in the evening.
I had booked superior rooms again as previous reviews have said how small the rooms are. They are a good size with a nice bathroom. Our room had a kettle and plastic cups but no tea, coffee or milk and nice bathrobes but our friends room had neither So the only way you can have a cup of tea is by taking some teabags from the breakfast room and asking for some milk at the bar. I mentioned this at Reception and they did get a kettle but no bathrobes ever materialised. I do really think that a superior room should have cups and saucers and a selection of drinks to use. It also states that the superior rooms have a balcony, well it certainly isn't big enough to sit on even if you did have any chairs to use - that didn't really bother us as I wouldn't really use it in a city hotel. So if all the difference is the size of the room then I don't think next time I would bother as you really only sleep there after a long day sightseeing.
The hotel is in a perfect location for the Aerobus stops and the metro and The Ramblas a couple of minutes walk. As we were out all day which most people would be, there was no sign of any free drinks available when we returned about 6pm.
There is a very good choice at breakfast and my only complaint was that a couple of times they ran out of glasses for the fruit juice and plastic cups appeared - not quite the same!
I would still recommend this hotel as it's very clean and comfortable and perfectly located - I just wish that having taken our friends these little extras would have made a lot of difference.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Grupotel Gravina is located in a quiet street in the centre of Barcelona only 300 meters from the centre and the famous Plaça Catalunya, the nerve centre of the city. The Grupotel Gravina is a 19th century building that was refurbished in 2013 and has a façade listed as being of architectural interest.The hotel has two meeting rooms, one with a capacity for 44 people and the other for 55 people. Grupotel Gravina is open all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Grupotel Gravina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grupotel Gravina Hotel Barcelona
- Hotel Gravina Barcelona
- Grupotel Gravina Barcelona, Catalonia