“Great for my purposes”

Ranked #214 of 514 Hotels in Barcelona
London, United Kingdom
“Great for my purposes”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I was in this hotel as my friends were staying around the corner in a full Hotel.

My room was on the 3rd floor, this floor does have steps to access it, which could be a problem for some travellers, but in my case this was not an issue.

The rooms are clean fairly well looked after. The walls are a little thin, luckily I had quiet / considerate neighbours. The rooms have wifi, with a secure code obtained from the reception. You will need a code for each connection (phone, tablet….etc)
The breakfast was a little repetitive , but to be honest it did the job.

The location is very good, and there are plenty of amenities on your doorstep
The Staff are really friendly & helpful

My friends stayed in a hotel that was twice the price, had no breakfast, and the rooms were all wrong! Still they did have a pool & gym! I think I go the better deal!

Room Tip: Rooms 320 to 322 have a outside space, the views are of the building next door, but it a nice area...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Dan C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
England
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Close to Plaza Catalunya, Las Ramblas etc the hotel is very well located. We had a good modern room at the front of the hotel with comfortable beds. Hotel was very clean and rooms well maintained although the aircon was weak. Although not on a main road, it would be too nosy to keep the balcony doors open at night. Breakfast was very good with a wide selection of food to suit all tastes.

The morning reception staff were very helpful and friendly, unfortunately the same could not be said about the man who was on reception late afternoon/evening shift and who was consistently unhelpful and lacked the interpersonal skills required for the role.

Hotel has a small bar and does have a happy hour @ 18:00 but beware that the bartender will not automatically serve you the "happy hour drink" unless you state upfront that is what you want.

Would definitely stay at the hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 8 May 2014

In short ..

- Great location, close to Plaza Catalunya, easy to access
- Friendly staff
- Breakfeast only average
- As we had our room in the 3rd floor, it was really difficult to access with baby carrifge. Needed one elevatot ro access the second floor an after that many steps before getting to the next elevator. Diffivult indeed.
- Sounds from the street clear to the 3rd floor
- Some renovation to rooms are needes, although the size of the room was a positive surprise

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

I came with my father on happy vacation to Barcelona and stayed in Gravina Hotel.
On the 3rd day during our breakfast was rubbed on $800 by one of housekeepers from my room!!!!! Non of the managers were there.Nobody wanted to talk to us and receptionist said that everyone is on vacation! ! WHAT???
After a while director of Gravina Hotel emailed me with promising to take care of refund. Then he stopped answer my phone calls!!!!!!!!
I've been around the world and never stayed in that disrespectful hotel!!!

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Angelika M. G
grupotelgravina, Director General at Grupotel Gravina, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Angelika M.G.
We are so sorry for this unpleasant situation. As you know we talked to you immediatly the day of the robbery and once you left, by mail.
We were in contact with the police all the time and we have been informing you every time we've heard from them. Finally the police have ruled that there was no force in the robbery. The reading of the door lock shows that it was not opened by any key other than the client key.
We're very, very sorry but the hotel can not be responsible for items that are not locked in the safe.
If you need more information, do not hesitate to contact us either by phone or email.
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Groupotel Gravina, 3 Star, deserves a 4 star rating. Everything about the hotel is first class. We had a suite, complete with terrace and sun loungers. My birthday was celebrated, thank you hotel. If we come back to Barcelona Hotel Gravina will be our first choice. We are thinking about a visit in 3 - 4 years time, to see the progression of Sagrada Familia.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
grupotelgravina, Director General at Grupotel Gravina, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Mary T,

Thank you for your review! We will be more than happy to host you again whenever you decide to come back!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014

The hotel is adequate for a city stay.
The location is very good, a short walk from the main areas.

The bedrooms are basic and very noisy - i could hear the room next to us snoring all night and every time they turned over i was woken up!

The breakfast offers a good selection, although is very busy and noisy.

The reception staff are very helpful and more than willing to help with anything you need.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who want a hotel in a good location, without luxury!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Hornchurch Essex
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Have just returned home after our second visit to this hotel and this time we went with friends for four nights. We arrived late morning and didn't really expect the rooms to be ready but was rather disappointed not to be offered any tea, coffee or pastries as their website advertises, we didn't really expect a glass of cava that time of the day and we were given it in the evening.

I had booked superior rooms again as previous reviews have said how small the rooms are. They are a good size with a nice bathroom. Our room had a kettle and plastic cups but no tea, coffee or milk and nice bathrobes but our friends room had neither So the only way you can have a cup of tea is by taking some teabags from the breakfast room and asking for some milk at the bar. I mentioned this at Reception and they did get a kettle but no bathrobes ever materialised. I do really think that a superior room should have cups and saucers and a selection of drinks to use. It also states that the superior rooms have a balcony, well it certainly isn't big enough to sit on even if you did have any chairs to use - that didn't really bother us as I wouldn't really use it in a city hotel. So if all the difference is the size of the room then I don't think next time I would bother as you really only sleep there after a long day sightseeing.

The hotel is in a perfect location for the Aerobus stops and the metro and The Ramblas a couple of minutes walk. As we were out all day which most people would be, there was no sign of any free drinks available when we returned about 6pm.

There is a very good choice at breakfast and my only complaint was that a couple of times they ran out of glasses for the fruit juice and plastic cups appeared - not quite the same!

I would still recommend this hotel as it's very clean and comfortable and perfectly located - I just wish that having taken our friends these little extras would have made a lot of difference.

Room Tip: Book a superior room if you want a larger room
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple