We went to Barca' in june for 3 nights here,
all in all very nice what for you pay rooms of alright size, lets be honest what more do you need other then somewhere to dump your things and go out?
The bathrooms are small i will agree, but that doesnt matter, i think people who pick on room size and what not are being petty. your paying for a bedroom which is bigger then your own at home, and your elsewhere in the world. - if you had not realised barca is a crammed in city so space is of a premium.
I think next time we would do well to avoid breakfast this is the one thing i feel the hotel lets down on. plenty of choice i suppose but just not for us, its a very continental orientated breakfast, with german sausage blergh not a fan.
Also it would cost save so if you wanted to save even more - eat out. find a bakery.
If you get chance, eat off the rambla, and i mean it - some of the adjacent side streets are also quite expensive, and also there is a square with a fountain in the middle - also quite pricey. (but nice!) there is the market on la rambla, this is a tourist trap its completely rammo with people. if you go off discovering then head towards the cathedral and keep going past it - cross the road and there is another market down there. half the price for the same goods, and also its local people doing the selling.
All in all a good trip, would deffo stop again as its pretty central to most things, everything is walking distance. also take the bus tours! a must for a quick get around the city.
the green route is pointless unless you want whats down there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Grupotel Gravina is located in a quiet street in the centre of Barcelona only 300 meters from the centre and the famous Plaça Catalunya, the nerve centre of the city. The Grupotel Gravina is a 19th century building that was refurbished in 2013 and has a façade listed as being of architectural interest.The hotel has two meeting rooms, one with a capacity for 44 people and the other for 55 people. Grupotel Gravina is open all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grupotel Gravina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grupotel Gravina Hotel Barcelona
- Hotel Gravina Barcelona
- Grupotel Gravina Barcelona, Catalonia