“Nice Hotel, Great Location”
Review of Turin Hotel

Turin Hotel
Ranked #147 of 514 Hotels in Barcelona
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Nice Hotel, Great Location”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Hotel location close to La Rambla is perfect for walking access to many main attractions, restaurants and interesting sights. Included breakfast was excellent and wi-fi worked well. Staff was friendly and helpful. We'd go back!

Room Tip: Rear-facing rooms sometimes have noise from nearby sports bar
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Value for money Hotel Turin was excellent. The location was ideal (just off La Ramblas), the rooms were clean and comfortable, wifi excellent and the staff were very helpful. We were also very pleased with the standard and variety of food at breakfast which included juice, cereal, fruit, cooked eggs, bacon and a complete side board of cakes, breads and pastries. We would highly recommend it. Jane G Perth Australia

Room Tip: Those at the rear of the hotel may be quiter
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I traveled to Barcelona in the second week of June for 5 days as I was attending a conference there. As a student this hotel was very expensive for me but since It was recommended by the conference, they offered a better rate for conference people and it was very close to the conference location, I decided to get it anyways. The conference mentioned that they made a pre-reservation at this hotel so I was not too worried about not finding a room. I contacted the hotel about 6 weeks before my travel to get a single room but they said that there were no single rooms available with or without conference rate. I tried to do the reservation from their website too but the situation was the same. Finally they told me that they would put me on a waiting list so that they can give me a single room as soon as it got available (I was the third person in the waiting list). So I just reserved a Twin-room as It guarantied that I still had this room to stay and I was very hopeful that they gonna find me a better option.

In the following weeks I contacted the hotel reservation section several times and they told me that there were no rooms available for that period. Finally, as I didn't see much effort from the hotel reservation section to give me a single room, I tried online to get a single room for any portion of my staying period or even finding another hotel with cheaper price. I could find a single room for 3 nights of my stay from their website (Not with the conference rate) but I still had to stay in the twin room for two nights. Also searching for other hotels in that area was hopeless since they were all booked by the time that I got disappointed with Hotel Turin. Anyways, I went to hotel Turin with my reservation for Twin room (2 nights) and single room (3 nights) with their website rate. When I was checking in I asked them if they can change my first two nights to a single room or at least give these rooms to me with the conference rate but they totally said NO. They also said that they do not know about any waiting list, I think such a thing didn’t exist at all or never have been checked or updated! At the end I stayed there for 5 nights since I had no other options but it was super expensive for me and I was very disappointed with the hotel staff as I didn’t see any kind of help from them. I’m quite sure that there were single rooms that got available during that 6 weeks but they didn’t follow up my request and gave it away.

Regarding the hotel itself, I should say that the room was nice and fairly new and modern. I also recommend the breakfast to everyone, it is fresh and has many different kinds of food and fruits.

The hotel is very close to Ramblas which is very good since it is close to a lot of good restaurants, public transportation, bus to the airport at Catalunia square and it has a great night life. But be aware that you hear the noises from De Ramblas during the night that may not let you sleep.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank SamiraSamadi
North Berwick, Maine, United States
Reviewed 19 June 2014

While there are 2 elevators, 2 parts to this little Gem: the rooms were clean and comfortable. Wi-Fi which is a plus free of charge. Front Desk personal (the ladies) were awesome. Very attentive and helpful; Just a few steps from Las Ramblas and a wonderful restaurant just 2 doors down. Breakfast at Turin . . . WONDERFUL! Quite a variety and well stocked. Blocks within Church and so much to see in this area.

Room Tip: Both sections of the hotel were well accommodating. Lifts a wee bit slow . . . take the stairs!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Great location, very clean and new acomodations. However, since it is very near Ramblas, we could hear noise from the street. Staff very Nice! The rooms are not so big, but everything is clean! The bathroom is big comparing to the room. In a overall, the hotel is very good!

• Stayed June 2014
Turku, Finland
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This was my second staying at Hotel Turin Barcelona. The situation is great, breakfast very good and rooms clean and big enough. Catalunia square is very near so you can get easily to El Prat airport by bus. I do recommend!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

I was staying here for a week during mobile world congress '14. My first impression when I visited here was that it is a small hotel with old facility (unique elevator, I may say). However, once I entered the room, I was amazed by its size and the fact that my room has 4 beds (2 singles and 2 spares). Room itself was really clean and not noisy even though it is located in the central of La Rambla.
Aside to the room, I really miss having breakfast at Turin hotel for they serves so tasty sausages and raw hams. I may say that the breakfast served in this hotel is even better than what are served by restaurants nearby.
Final word, I am greatly satisfied with this hotel.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business